Jul 30 2013
By: SARCASTIC First Son 16 posts

ps4 no camera.......what do tou think?

16 replies 200 views Edited Jul 30, 2013
I feel the ps4 should come boxed with the camera. Just like the xbox one. I know a lot of people (including myself) that is thinking about buying the xbox one first then when sony puts a bundle deal out there (for the same price as the ps4 is now) then I'll go for that one.
Message 1 of 17 (200 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
11988 posts

Re: ps4 no camera.......what do tou think?

Jul 30, 2013
I don't feel like I'm missing out.
Are you a WWE fan? click here to join the discussion

Message 2 of 17 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Jul 30, 2013
Well, some people do not want a camera with their game console. Sony did the right thing by making the camera and console separate. If you want the **bleep** camera, then buy it with the console. Sony and Microsoft are two independent companies who do different things; ie the Xboxone coming with a Kinect packaged with it while the Playstation 4 not having the eye camera packaged with it. All in all, I am not missing out when Sny decided to not pull a M$ move and package a camera with my console.
Enjoy life, enjoy gaming.
Message 3 of 17 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Jul 30, 2013

Yeah, I don't know. My Wife and kids already preordered the PS4 for me for Father's Day. So I just need to buy what games and peripherals I want. I bought a XBL camera when it first came out and used it for face mapping in Rainbow Six: Vegas and a little video chat. Then my Wife bought me a Kinect with the game it came with and an extra dancing game for Christmas after it came out. Used it for a month and it hasn't been used since.

My youngest son has asked me to hook it up in the other living room and my 15 year old daughter has asked why we don't get Just Dance (wants to get better for when at her friends, lol). Just not sure that I would get any use out of it. Problem I had with Kinect was that I'm 6' 4" and in my game room I have a 9 foot sectional with my gaming computer behind it and my 40 gallon fish tank. So not a lot of room to move around and it had a hard time detecting my tall frame.

Anyway, not to sure if I'll get it. I'd like to have everything for the PS4, but I'm not sure the money wouldn't be better spent on additional controllers if there are a decent amount of local multiplayer games. Which I haven't really heard about outside of Diablo 3. Be nice to hear about some split screen action in some racers or FPS's.

Message 4 of 17 (185 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 30, 2013

To be honest I don't really care whether the camera is included. I don't give a **bleep** about motion control games. The only thing I'd want the camera for is Skype, and since there's no word on whether that will be coming to PS4, and it probably won't since Microsoft owns Skype, I can care less.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 5 of 17 (184 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1508 posts

Jul 30, 2013

Shadelon wrote:

To be honest I don't really care whether the camera is included. I don't give a **bleep** about motion control games. The only thing I'd want the camera for is Skype, and since there's no word on whether that will be coming to PS4, and it probably won't since Microsoft owns Skype, I can care less.

There's "Skype" on PS Vita. So maybe it will be on PS4.

Message 6 of 17 (175 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
569 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 30, 2013

I'm opting for the Neo Geo 3000 bundle. It comes with a camera and an arcade cabinet for just $600. Fatal Fury 17 here I come!

Edit: oh crap I forgot about the NEC PC Engine Deluxe. For just $700 you get a camera and 8 controllers with the system. Gamestahp must be getting sick of me calling & cancelling my preorders.

sig by Grindhead_Jim
Message 7 of 17 (156 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Jul 30, 2013

UnrealButcher wrote:

Shadelon wrote:

There's "Skype" on PS Vita. So maybe it will be on PS4.

I doubt it. Severely doubt it. A Vita app was one thing, Microsoft doesn't have anything in the dedicated gaming handheld market, so they were probably like whatever when Sony asked them for the license to put it on there. But the console space? Come on. Microsoft is using Skype as part of their big marketing for Xbox One, do you REALLY think they'll license it out to their biggest competitor, especially since Sony has been one-upping them on everything from here to Sunday? Hell no.

Remember, Microsoft OWNS Skype. They decide, period. And they will probably say hell no.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 8 of 17 (147 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
183 posts

Jul 30, 2013

I'm fine with the camera being separate. Kinect might be cool and all but I do not care to use it what so ever let alone pay for it. Not to mention is some update released and it screwed that kinect up it might end up bricking your console for a few days seeing as how the xb1 can't work with out it.

Message 9 of 17 (127 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
365 posts

Jul 30, 2013

What do I think?

I think you are trolling and not very good at it

thespiralmatrix's Gamercard
Message 10 of 17 (122 Views)
0 Likes