Splicer
91 posts

Re: ps4 is great but one concern

Apr 10, 2013

ok ill believe you after reading that website though gamespot is one of the worse out there like IGN but whatever if the ps4 does turn out to block used games i will never trust this company again..

Wii u peed on sony
Message 11 of 21 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Apr 10, 2013

if Sony did that it would be the end of their game console market...point blank

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 12 of 21 (93 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13733 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

So who would you trust then?

Microsoft already got their supporters riled with the whole "Always Online" thing (which could actually lead to the whole "no used games" thing, since Microsoft has made no such statement on the matter)

Nintendo region locks all their consoles/handhelds and has no account system so that all downloads are tied to the CONSOLE (meaning if it breaks, you can't just buy a new one, you have to send it to them)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 13 of 21 (89 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Apr 10, 2013

i already know xbox stinks MS went down hill ever since they announce that kinect crap but you still have nintendo out there who doesn't suck and what do you mean the wii u doesn't have a account system?its called nintendo network and you can make a nintendo network account dont keep up with nintendo to much i see?

Wii u peed on sony
Message 14 of 21 (76 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13733 posts

[ Edited ]
Apr 10, 2013

XSophia_EsteedX wrote:

i already know xbox stinks MS went down hill ever since they announce that kinect crap but you still have nintendo out there who doesn't suck and what do you mean the wii u doesn't have a account system?its called nintendo network and you can make a nintendo network account dont keep up with nintendo to much i see?

http://kotaku.com/5961662/dont-losebreak-your-wii-u-because-your-nintendo-network-account-is-tied-to...

Your Nintendo account is tied to the console.

If it breaks, guess what? If you buy another Wii U to replace it, and try to log in with your Nintendo network account, it will say that this account is already used on a Wii U system (your broken one), and won't let you use it.

I already know plenty of people who've had their Wii U be faulty, returned it to the store, only to find out their ID was already "in use" and so they couldn't do anything with their old account.

Message 15 of 21 (65 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
91 posts

Apr 10, 2013

and the ps3 does the same thing if that ps3 breaks and you go out and get a new one and try to sigh in to your account it will tell you this psn account is activated on another ps3 please deactivate that psn account from the other ps3 so you think the ps3 is better with this account thing?=/

Wii u peed on sony
Message 16 of 21 (56 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13733 posts

Apr 10, 2013

XSophia_EsteedX wrote:

and the ps3 does the same thing if that ps3 breaks and you go out and get a new one and try to sigh in to your account it will tell you this psn account is activated on another ps3 please deactivate that psn account from the other ps3 so you think the ps3 is better with this account thing?=/

The PS3 has a 2 console limit, so you can still log in.

Moreover, you can remotely deactivate the console yourself using the online website for it.

Nintendo has a strict 1 console limit, and the only way to "deactivate" is to send it back to them.

Message 17 of 21 (50 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

Apr 10, 2013
U say in the post ps4 is great but how do you know it isn't released yet?
Message 18 of 21 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3436 posts

Apr 10, 2013

i didn't know that about the nintendo one account thing,so you cant even deactivate a console online like a ps3? WOW just another good reason to stay away from their junk..lol

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Message 19 of 21 (45 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Uncharted Territory
2036 posts

Apr 10, 2013
PS4 WILL PLAY USED GAMES. THEY CONFIRMED AT CONFERENCE IN FEBRUARY
Message 20 of 21 (44 Views)
0 Likes