Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2465 posts

Re: ps4 backwards compatibility

Jun 13, 2013

drahkel wrote:

Yeah i am quite upset about not having backwards compatibility. I am also upset they're charging for online as well

Waaah Sony's not doing exactly the same thing as they have for 10+ years....wahhh

Wahhh Sonys not doing what I want them to do .....waaahhh

Message 101 of 112 (241 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jun 14, 2013

I agree the ps3 and the ps4 should be backwards compatible. People have purchased so many games over the years and they should be able to play them on the new system. If not there is no point in buying the ps4. I am perfectly happy with the ps3. But with all the content that me and my husband have purchased i would really like to play them on ps4 because my husband plans on getting a ps4 and i want it to actually be worth buying. So unless the system is backward compatible we will not be purchasing it or any more of sony's products. I mean really why should we when we are just getting ripped off. So just please make the system backward compatible to make all your customers happy. Cause i know we are not the only people that are mad about this.

Message 102 of 112 (228 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2155 posts

Jun 14, 2013

LeonsWifey5411 wrote:

I agree the ps3 and the ps4 should be backwards compatible. People have purchased so many games over the years and they should be able to play them on the new system. If not there is no point in buying the ps4. I am perfectly happy with the ps3. But with all the content that me and my husband have purchased i would really like to play them on ps4 because my husband plans on getting a ps4 and i want it to actually be worth buying. So unless the system is backward compatible we will not be purchasing it or any more of sony's products. I mean really why should we when we are just getting ripped off. So just please make the system backward compatible to make all your customers happy. Cause i know we are not the only people that are mad about this.

I can go to Goodwill right now and pick up PS2 for $20. Making console backwards compatible increase the price of them. I dont wanna pay $1000 for a console just because you wanna play Final Fantasy 7 on the newest Playstation console.

Message 103 of 112 (224 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3942 posts

Jun 14, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

LeonsWifey5411 wrote:

I can go to Goodwill right now and pick up PS2 for $20. Making console backwards compatible increase the price of them. I dont wanna pay $1000 for a console just because you wanna play Final Fantasy 7 on the newest Playstation console.

Ex, your a hard one to figure but I'll say this. In these recent years we have lost something. With new consoles we got flashy new graphics but lost the depth of gaming. Linear gameplay ruined it all. Now here is my question. How is this true advancement when something is always being taken away? We lost adult non linear gaming for graphics. Now we lost free online and we lost backwards compatability. How is ps4 an advancement?

Please don't say because it can stream or what ever. I don't and never have used  cloud or streaming or anything. ALL I ever wanted was to keep playing great games with a great multiplayer. Seems to me we have lost more than what we are gaining currently. SO im saying this isn't a great deal by any means.

Message 104 of 112 (219 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
2155 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

Ex, your a hard one to figure but I'll say this. In these recent years we have lost something. With new consoles we got flashy new graphics but lost the depth of gaming. Linear gameplay ruined it all. Now here is my question. How is this true advancement when something is always being taken away? We lost adult non linear gaming for graphics. Now we lost free online and we lost backwards compatability. How is ps4 an advancement?

Please don't say because it can stream or what ever. I don't and never have used  cloud or streaming or anything. ALL I ever wanted was to keep playing great games with a great multiplayer. Seems to me we have lost more than what we are gaining currently. SO im saying this isn't a great deal by any means.

I honestly and truely don't want or need backwards compatiblty in hardware or streaming. I have no interest Gaikai or streaming PS classics. 

Why is it so hard to hold on onto you old console? Making the PS4 backwards compatible with PS3 games would have driven the price up. You think we shouldn't pay for multiplayer; I think we shouldn't have to pay for backwards compatiblity. At what point does one of have to give in. 

Message 105 of 112 (216 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Aug 8, 2013

Okay, so the next gen consoles won't have b/c but my PS3 is.  B/c that is. So we will have 4 console out at the same time, that's just nuts. so who's Idea was that? Well there is one game in particular maybe two I want for the PS4. So I'll start saving. I'd think they could do this better. Cheers!

Troy Lawson

When I say "LEFT!", your 'left' should hit the deck!

Message 106 of 112 (191 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
317 posts

Aug 8, 2013

You are only dumming down the ps4 for B/C. So where is the extra charge?

When I say "LEFT!", your 'left' should hit the deck!

Message 107 of 112 (173 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3942 posts

Aug 8, 2013

ExMimic wrote:

uh--oh wrote:

ExMimic wrote:

I honestly and truely don't want or need backwards compatiblty in hardware or streaming. I have no interest Gaikai or streaming PS classics. 

Why is it so hard to hold on onto you old console? Making the PS4 backwards compatible with PS3 games would have driven the price up. You think we shouldn't pay for multiplayer; I think we shouldn't have to pay for backwards compatiblity. At what point does one of have to give in. 

Ex I would say then if we have to trade off then I would do so and lose backwards capability but keep the MP online free. For too long in the name of advancement or better gaming I have seen features striped to the point to where games are unrecognizable from thier first iteration. Why do we have to constantly give up something in order to move forward?

How is taking something away making it less a better trade off? Its not, and there is no one here that can prove this beyond a shadow of doubt. I imagine one of the reason why many are playstation fans was because of the free MP. Well Im saying that is something we the fans shouldn't walk away from so easily. I know this is a business but sony has a history of neglecting and being out of touch with its customer base. Especially for gaming.

All I will say now is accepting ps4 as it is will cost you more down the line. Your supporting the machine and not the gamers. Sony can still offer a profit and dedicated servers without charging psn + onto its fans just so they can play MP side of games. Don't let this happen. Once pandora's box is open it cannot be closed. IM done with this arguement.

Message 108 of 112 (164 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
4775 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 8, 2013

uh--oh wrote:

Ex I would say then if we have to trade off then I would do so and lose backwards capability but keep the MP online free. For too long in the name of advancement or better gaming I have seen features striped to the point to where games are unrecognizable from thier first iteration. Why do we have to constantly give up something in order to move forward?

How is taking something away making it less a better trade off? Its not, and there is no one here that can prove this beyond a shadow of doubt. I imagine one of the reason why many are playstation fans was because of the free MP. Well Im saying that is something we the fans shouldn't walk away from so easily. I know this is a business but sony has a history of neglecting and being out of touch with its customer base. Especially for gaming.

All I will say now is accepting ps4 as it is will cost you more down the line. Your supporting the machine and not the gamers. Sony can still offer a profit and dedicated servers without charging psn + onto its fans just so they can play MP side of games. Don't let this happen. Once pandora's box is open it cannot be closed. IM done with this arguement.

Message 109 of 112 (150 Views)
PlayStation MVP
2155 posts

Aug 8, 2013
Hey buddy, I was done with argument back in June when I made that post and you never responded. You still haven't addressed the 300,000 servers because you have no argument against it.
Message 110 of 112 (139 Views)
0 Likes