Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Oct 15 2013
By: XboneFanboy First Son 4 posts

ps4 Day one Availability

44 replies 3261 views Edited Oct 15, 2013

OK, so i didn't pre order the ps4. There, I said it. I have finally given myself enough time to get my thoughts together and am ready to make the switch from xbox to playstation. The only problem is- when can I get my new system?!?! There's a lot of talk online about ps4 stock and if supply will meet demand. Here's the thing. I want to be able to go to target, walmart, or bestbuy the night before ps4 comes out and pick one up at a midnight release without a pre order. I don't want to order a non-day one edition and wait two weeks later to find out I could have picked one up in stores. So, CAN I GET A PS4 AT A MIDNIGHT RELEASE WITHOUT A PRE ORDER?!?!

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 45 (3,261 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Re: ps4 Day one Availability

Oct 15, 2013

I don't think you will be able to get a PS4 at launch. But there should be more coming into store within a few days after, so more thank likely a week after launch you will be able to get a PS4.

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 45 (3,259 Views)
First Son
4 posts

Oct 15, 2013

i'm just hopig for some luck, because walmart does not have in store pre orders, so i think i may be able to luck out

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 45 (3,250 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Oct 15, 2013
They need one of those count down clocks on this site.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 45 (3,246 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2289 posts

Oct 15, 2013
I didn't preorder and I feel confident I'll be able to find one on release day. Here's a little tip: try stores other than best buy, walmart, and gamestop. Store like k-mart, sears, radio shack, microcenter and many other retailers will have ps4's as well. Also, I live near a college, so I won't waste my time looking for one in that city. Check retail stores in lesser populated areas.
Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 45 (3,235 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
14130 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 15, 2013

I don't see how any answer we provide here will quell your fears, friend. Asking here is just as good as asking that homeless guy you see wandering around in the park. We have no way of knowing if you'll be able to go to your local store and pick up a system. If you were asking about a pre-order online, we just might be able to give you a definitive answer. However, you'll either find one at a brick and mortar location or you won't. As MaddenKing stated above, call your local store when the time comes, look around in the unusual locations for purchasing this item, and at the least wait until the next week.

To teach is a moment's superiority; not to, everlasting.

Fabulous!
Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 45 (3,219 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

Oct 15, 2013

For those who didn't pre order it and has hopes to finding one on launch day....I wish you all the luck in the world. However, try GameStop 2 days after launch. People who don't pick up their pre order in 48 hours of release, their privately held system becomes a publicly available one. So no their shouldn't be a single free console for midnight but there should be maybe one 2 days after launch.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 45 (3,186 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
7938 posts

[ Edited ]
Oct 15, 2013

RxVenomFox12 wrote:

For those who didn't pre order it and has hopes to finding one on launch day....I wish you all the luck in the world. However, try GameStop 2 days after launch. People who don't pick up their pre order in 48 hours of release, their privately held system becomes a publicly available one. So no their shouldn't be a single free console for midnight but there should be maybe one 2 days after launch.

That is done store to store. Ive talked to several gamestops bout this. Something as a PS4 or other hard ware device. Some store will hold it for a customer for up to a week before selling it off.

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 45 (3,170 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
522 posts

Oct 15, 2013

True, but in this case just so we think of all posibilities, the eariest you could try to 

Black0Panther wrote:

RxVenomFox12 wrote:

That is done store to store. Ive talked to several gamestops bout this. Something as a PS4 or other hard ware device. Some store will hold it for a customer for up to a week before selling it off.

True but just so we take in all posibilities, the earliest you'd want to try for a PS4 is 2 or 3 days after its launch.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 45 (3,142 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2284 posts

Oct 15, 2013
You won't...............
Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 45 (3,122 Views)
0 Likes