Fender Bender
2546 posts

Re: ps3 turns off, blinks red, but only while playing mw3 online?

Mar 30, 2013

Being that they are older systems I would clean them out. If it is in fact over heating then I'm sure its all clogged up with dust regardless of the fact if its well ventelated or not. If your just watching netflix your not using the blu ray drive as you are when playing a game so less heat is going to be generated. Its not hard to clean them I did mine last year and was shocked with the amount of dust bunny's living inside of it. I was lucky it had not over heated yet. Lots of videos online of how to take it apart its very easy.

Message 21 of 24 (310 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Sep 21, 2013
I'm leaning towards compatibility issues. The symptoms make sense, I can play any of my other games and it isn't an issue until I start up saints row 3. The PS2 had the same issue...ten years ago...When I bought a string of new games, hitman etc, the PS2 wouldn't play them. I called Sony and they told me the PS2 came is a series like ps2a, b, c, d and the games I was having trouble with were made for D.

It isn't a conspiracy if they've done it before...and it makes sense from a marketing perspective. The ps4 isn't backwards compatible, so they can create a rush on their late model ps3s. It isn't cool, and it isn't ethical, but its certainly possible, legal, and profitable.
Message 22 of 24 (213 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2546 posts

Sep 22, 2013

jetix_13 wrote:

i have the exact same problem, i have tried contacted infinity ward but i am yet to recieve a reply after 2 weeks, i heard that it may be a save file problem with the file corrupting, which may make sense because i after i patch mw3 it works for the first session and then after that i just get crashing

Well its Infinity Ward....they already got your money so beyond that they dont care at all what happens. Does not matter how they treat their customers b/c they know when Ghosts is released people will come pouring in and buy that game to, and probably even those who had problems with previous games and asked for help and got nothing in return. As far as an answer to expect from them they would probably just tell you to buy COD Ghosts. 

Message 23 of 24 (203 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13655 posts

Sep 22, 2013
Yay for bumping...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 24 of 24 (202 Views)
0 Likes