First Son
1 posts

Re: ps3 turns off, blinks red, but only while playing mw3 online?

Nov 27, 2011

same happens to me but mine dosent flash red it completly turns off (no light).so then i turn off the main switch at the back and turn it on again and the red light comes. i turn it on again and it goes straight off. i keep on doing this for 5-8 mins and it turns on so i play a different game and it works but when i put mw3 in and play half way through the match it goes

Message 11 of 24 (759 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4117 posts

Nov 27, 2011

Same thing happens to my 60GB PS3. It’s why I went out and bought a new slim a few weeks ago. But my PS3 has been shutting off flashing red for a several games including both uncharted 2 and 3, L.A. noire, mw3 and folding@home shuts off my ps3 almost instantly.

I know it’s not overheating either. I've done every trick in the book to make my fat ps3 run cooler and its fan is just as silent as any slim when it shuts down. Flashing red obviously means something else besides overheating. And for you smart ones out there saying my temp sensor may be broken. After I purchased my slim I've decided to do some testing with this unit and I purposely overheated the console by blocking some of its vents. The fan went to full jet mode blasting louder than it ever has in the 5 years I’ve owned the console within minutes while idle on xmb and I made it run all kinds of games for hours with no problems but as soon as I pop in mw3 and played online there is goes the damn flashing red light in 10 mins. I’ve concluded that it’s not an overheating issue. If it was the fan would rev up long before the console would shut down and it’s simply not doing that with any of the games I have problems with.

So idk if this is an hardware or software issue, nobody wants to take the blame. Sony offered me $150 for a refurbished slim, lol ya right I told them to take that slim and stick it up their you know what and bought myself a new slim.

Message 12 of 24 (759 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 11, 2011

i have the exact same problem, i have tried contacted infinity ward but i am yet to recieve a reply after 2 weeks, i heard that it may be a save file problem with the file corrupting, which may make sense because i after i patch mw3 it works for the first session and then after that i just get crashing

Message 13 of 24 (759 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Dec 12, 2011

If the issue continues, im willing to bet its a problem with the power supply itself overheating.

an issue with the PS is not going to be obvious.

you might want to try looking for used, good condition power supplies for your specific PS3 and see if that may help.

Software updates to upgrade and purchase more products.... really?

Im still going to call you a liar, and so are MANY of the owners of older model PS3s that are still alive and kicking.... I only own one PS3 and have never had any issues with it. Its an original 80gb PS3 CECHE01 model upgraded to a 500gb drive. And it was only ever opened once for replacement of the thermal paste as fan noise became VERY loud and obvious. Lo and behold, the inside of the PS3 was full of dust bunnies. after cleaning a new thermal paste.... 3 years later, still running the same as it did it came out of the box.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 14 of 24 (759 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Dec 12, 2011

ThunderTheory wrote:

It's either overheating or MW3 isn't compatible with that version of the console. MW3, itself with online is massive. With over 2Mil people playing at the same time, your PS3 probably couldn't take it.

-Thunderz

not compatible with a specific PS3 model? thats pretty far fetched..... my CECHE01 USED to exhibit these issues with MW3 several weeks ago, but I would like to think with the recent patches OR because rebuilt the database the problems no longer happen.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 15 of 24 (759 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2257 posts

Dec 12, 2011

Its not very far fetched if you think about it Grey. what wouldnt they do to keep money flowing.  Some doctors would destroy people to test drugs and pay for their schooling, possibly even kill them in the testing.  Its not unheard of, this is far less of a crime then that to keep a flowage of the mighty dollar comming in.

Wars to make money to and lives dont matter in that either.

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 16 of 24 (759 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Dec 12, 2011

do you live in Roswell, New Mexico?

Are you part of the movement of conspiracy theoriests that believe the world will end in 2012 from an alignment of the plants of our solar system with the black hole at the center of our galaxy where some random planet will pass between earth and venus and transport alien giants to our planet so that we can have some sort biblical battle?

seriously, do you have anything better to do with your day than to troll?

because I sure dont. Im enjoying my voluntary unemployment, as travelling around the world for 4 years is enough. I think I may even further my education by becoming a full time student.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 17 of 24 (759 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2257 posts

Dec 12, 2011

Keep to the subject please, troll. OP its not very far fetched you are having issues with this system.  Its alot of money for some of us.  To others its nuthing.

If anyone needs help, with something they are going thru? Im here to talk, I suffered severe SAD, severe Anxiety and severe Depression, luekemia, blood clots, foot ulcers from bad circulation, insomnia, amongst alot of other things. I thought I was gay, murderer, childmolester, transgender even thought I was the bad guy himself. Not judging any but knew I wasnt any them before and dont want to be. Just let me know, some i believe are severly wrong and will get you threw in jail as should, if you act on them. Im getting better. This wasnt sweet lies, like hey that hot woman likes you. Like they used to be. These was bad lies considering I wasnt none them before and dont want to be.
Message 18 of 24 (759 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 6, 2012

Okay so my ps3 keeps turning off and that red light keeps blinking ,but that only happenes when I try playing mw3 or bf3

It does not turn off when I watch Netflix or just leave it on ,so does anybody know what that problem might be ? I didnt

Know how to make my own post so I posted it here

Message 19 of 24 (759 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Mar 30, 2013

Have the same problem!  Only when I play blackops 2 though.  Strange.  I can play any game for hours no problem.  So with everyone saying it is a heat issue I don't know because I put a temp probe in the vent Top (mine stands vertical) and it runs at a max of 109F during heavy game play on battlefield3 and it never gets hotter than that ever.  Blackops2 same thing after about 30min of play in zombie mode temp stays the same but then pow turns off again.  Like I said there is no increase in temp so what gives?  I Even added a auxiliary fan for some extra ventilation but it really doesn't change anything at all.  Very odd situation here.

Message 20 of 24 (537 Views)