Dec 13 2012
By: vstar08 First Son 1 posts

ps3 servers suck

[ Edited ]
14 replies 521 views Edited Dec 13, 2012

you cann,t even play a full game game without being knocked offline or the screen freezing up. do i need to buy a xbox360 and pay for better service? i don,t mind paying for service thats better than this. 

Message 1 of 15 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: ps3 servers suck

Dec 13, 2012

In the 6 years I've had my PS3... I've never had a problem.

You must have an issue with your network connection. Try resetting your modem and router.

And quite frankly, no one cares if you get an Xbox.

Farewell threads like this, and the fact that you JUST made an account, leads most people to assume that you're trolling.

And you're quite unsuccessful at it, if thats true

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 15 (507 Views)
Wastelander
654 posts

Dec 13, 2012

vstar08 wrote:

you cann,t even play a full game game without being knocked offline or the screen freezing up. do i need to buy a xbox360 and pay for better service? i don,t mind paying for service thats better than this. 

What games are you having issues with?  What is your connection speed?  WiFi or physical?

Message 3 of 15 (505 Views)
0 Likes
Platinum
56263 posts

Dec 13, 2012

vstar08 wrote:

What is your NAT connection?  Is it NAT3?   You can find this in network settings, if it is nat3 do a search on the forums for "Port forwarding for the PS3" to get help in fixing that problem.

Are you wired or wireless?  Wireless will cause issues unless your signal strength is excellent (ie less than 10ft between router and PS3)

Message 4 of 15 (497 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
18928 posts

Dec 13, 2012

vstar08 wrote:

Do follow through on the recommendations presented by the exemplary fellas that took time to reply to this thread [thank you Smiley Very Happy]  specially acquiring NAT Type 2.

If you already are getting NAT Type 2 and still are having issues

A couple of factors could be your problem

• See if the game you are playing requires any extra ports to be forwarded. [Run a forum search on port forwarding. Google is your friend, so look for your router manual too. This search query will help you find it faster "you_router_name_&_model" manual filetypeSmiley Tonguedf]
    • If you are not techy enough to forward ports then UPnP can be your friend. This has to be activated on both, the router & the PS3. NOTE: not all cheap routers do UPnP correctly but they do a decent job.
  • If connected wireless, try changing the transmission channel. The 2.4Ghz band can be getting too much interference. If possible bring the PS3 closer to the router.
    • Wired connection is your friend. The PS3 Gigabit Ethernet port loves your router's Gigabit port, let them meet.
  • If you have too many devices in the network, try using QoS and prioritizing the PS3. Note: cheap router may not even do a decent job of using this feature. With that said, most of the time the problem with QoS falls on the user who did not set the QoS rules correctly. If your router has a automatic option then select that.

Lastly, it could simple be that your router is indeed the weakest link.

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 5 of 15 (481 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10194 posts

Dec 13, 2012

vstar08 wrote:

This is a router or modem issue..Go fix it.

Message 6 of 15 (475 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Dec 13, 2012

no you suck. Sony's servers themselves are fine or i'd have problems too. D'OH..... not everyone's having problems genius. There's also net hubs handling traffic across the country BETWEEN YOU AND SONY, and one of them in your path could be screwed up..... or your ISP blows.....

I just love idiots that know nothing and blame Sony (or every MMO I've played they blame the MMO company).

Message 7 of 15 (445 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
14 posts

Dec 14, 2012
PS3 does not use servers for 99% of games, the host is another ps3 system. Console fail FTW!
Message 8 of 15 (412 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3078 posts

Dec 14, 2012

where the hell did you get that load of crap? Sony does indeed have actual servers, as does every other game company that hosts online games such as Treyarch with CoD. Unless you're thinking of Battlefield 3 where people can "rent" time to use their own PS3 as an actual server and host their own.

Message 9 of 15 (396 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Dec 14, 2012

DragonIrons wrote:

where the hell did you get that load of crap? Sony does indeed have actual servers, as does every other game company that hosts online games such as Treyarch with CoD. Unless you're thinking of Battlefield 3 where people can "rent" time to use their own PS3 as an actual server and host their own.

Actually it's not crap. Most games are host-based games i.e. Uncharted 2, Dead Space 2, Call of Duty. 

There are games that use dedicated servers i.e. Warhawk & MAG. There are variations of dedicated servers as well. But Sony does not maintain servers for all PS3 games (particularly games they don't own the IP rights for). That would be up to the individual developer to implement and maintain. 

Message 10 of 15 (392 Views)
0 Likes