Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: ps3 servers suck

Dec 15, 2012

radioheadORgtfo wrote:
PS3 does not use servers for 99% of games, the host is another ps3 system. Console fail FTW!

Thats actually what you want...

The last thing most people need is to worry about whether or not game servers are shut down or not for online play. Leaving the online games to use p2p connection instead of using servers is beneficial for everyone involved, sometimes the bad part is that you have to deal with the outdated software which can lead to hacked lobbies, but even then they are few and far between

Furiously Chaosing
Message 11 of 15 (70 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Dec 15, 2012
" do i need to buy a xbox360 and pay for better service?"
its funny. 360 users say the same thing... (myself included)

Most definitely an issue on your side.
Message 12 of 15 (66 Views)
0 Likes
Keyblade Wielder
10137 posts

Dec 15, 2012
However it would be much better if instead of randomized lobbies, we were able to connect to servers peers set up as well as peer created dedicated servers. This is what made Xbox Live a great service last generation. No need to worry about modded lobbies if you are playing on the same servers every night made by respectable members of the community. A friend of mine used to own 4 consoles last gen with 4 Live accounts. Since his connection was so good, he used to host three to four servers that the forum regulars over there used to play on. So much better than randomized P2P lobbies.
Message 13 of 15 (63 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8174 posts

Dec 15, 2012

Murderstyle75 wrote:
However it would be much better if instead of randomized lobbies, we were able to connect to servers peers set up as well as peer created dedicated servers. This is what made Xbox Live a great service last generation. No need to worry about modded lobbies if you are playing on the same servers every night made by respectable members of the community. A friend of mine used to own 4 consoles last gen with 4 Live accounts. Since his connection was so good, he used to host three to four servers that the forum regulars over there used to play on. So much better than randomized P2P lobbies.

Ah, I used to donate one of my PS3's bandwidth as a dedicated Warhawk server for a time. Been years since I played last though. 

Message 14 of 15 (58 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Treasure Hunter
4992 posts

Dec 15, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

In the 6 years I've had my PS3... I've never had a problem.

You have never had a problem with the PSN in six years? I call bullsh*t. Take your Sony fanboy goggles off please.

semajmarc87
My YouTube | My Twitter
220+ Subscribers | 1,500+ Followers
Message 15 of 15 (56 Views)
0 Likes