Uncharted Territory
1422 posts

Re: ps3 multiplayer ps4

Apr 3, 2013

Well, I'm playing online with my friend with my PS4 while he is on is Vita 2.

Message 11 of 13 (461 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

[ Edited ]
Jun 25, 2013

The question was simple but looks like no one on PlayStatin/Sony wants to talk about it.

WILL BE POSSIBLE TO PLAY BATTLEFIELD 4 (BF4) ON PS4 AGAINST PLAYERS ON PS3, PC and X-BOX/1? ARE THEY ABLE TO JOIN SAME HOST AT VERY SAME TIME?

I would like to have an official answer for that but we're just thinking and guessing here:

IF THIS GAMES HAVE SAME ENGINE, IT SHOULD BE PRETTY POSSIBLE AS THE HOST ONLY DEAL WITH DATA (the console will deal with images). SO THE HOST ONLY NEEDS TO KNOW THE LOCATION AND WEAPON THAT IS SHOOTING THE X TYPE OF TARGET AT X LOCATION IN THAT MAP.

Now that understanding brings another question: WILL BF4 HAVE THE VERY SAME MAP ON PS3 AND PS4? Games made for multplatforms will have same everything but graphics?

Thanks all, I'm just sharing ideas as I would like to have an answer for that too.

Cheers

PS: will post it on Google plus as well.

Message 12 of 13 (398 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Jun 25, 2013

Lybiz wrote:

WILL BE POSSIBLE TO PLAY BATTLEFIELD 4 (BF4) ON PS4 AGAINST PLAYERS ON PS3, PC and X-BOX/1? ARE THEY ABLE TO JOIN SAME HOST AT VERY SAME TIME?

We already know that Microsoft allows for cross play between its consoles and PC, and Sony allows for cross play between its consoles and PC, but neither allow for cross play between PlayStation and XBox. This is not likely to change anytime soon, or ever.

Yes, I am a Homestuck. DEAL WITH IT.
Message 13 of 13 (391 Views)
0 Likes