Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 20 2013
By: evilvelvet First Son 10 posts

ps3 idea

7 replies 94 views Edited Jan 20, 2013

im pretty sure other people have thought of this but still wanna put it out there remember those old cd players that could hold 4 or 5 cd's and based on what cd you wanted to listen to it would switch to that cd wouldn't it be cool if the ps3 could hold like 4 games at once i think its a cool idea mainly because some games arent on the playstation store and this way lazy people like me can put in the 4 games they like and never have to get up again let me know what you all think and is this even possible?

Message 1 of 8 (94 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
8783 posts

Re: ps3 idea

Jan 20, 2013

Just buy the digital versions.  The PS3 can hold a hundred (or more) games at once that way...

Message 2 of 8 (77 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jan 20, 2013

like i said not all ps3 games can be bought off the playstation store

Message 3 of 8 (64 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
25491 posts

Jan 20, 2013

I don't understand this fascination with disc changers. Really, is it that difficult now to get off the couch?

Disc changers are a late 1980's piece of technology. It's hardly making something advanced, but going back about 25 years. And with all the people who have trouble getting discs out of a dead system, I could imagine the irrate gamers going;

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! (screaming) THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!! I HAVE $500 OF GAMES STUCK IN MY PS3!! C'MON SONY!! I'LL SUE!! I'M A GAMER AND I KNOW HOW!!!".

Message 4 of 8 (61 Views)
First Son
10 posts

Jan 21, 2013

the new ps3 500gb opens and slides to the side so you can put the game in they could do something like that 

Message 5 of 8 (50 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
10 posts

Jan 21, 2013

or another great idea would be that you have the option of downloading the game to the system so that way if the cd breaks or gets scratched no one would care because the game would be on your system and again not all games can be bought off the play station store just wanted to point that out before someone else says why not just buy it off the playstation store

Message 6 of 8 (46 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
409 posts

Jan 21, 2013

BBurgSteve wrote:

Just buy the digital versions.  The PS3 can hold a hundred (or more) games at once that way...

That takes up an awful lot of HDD space i have the 500 gb system and still had to buy an external drive for music and the movies i bought off the store. the files are atleast 3X larger downloaded from the store than on the disc. LIke Captain America said are ppl that lazy to get up and walk five or ten feet to change out a game

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 7 of 8 (41 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15778 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 21, 2013

Not this again..... Disc changers are a dying piece of technology....  You do understand the "dying" part right? Even now, you don't find disc changers at stores anymore and they hardly even make CD changers for cars anymore because everyone is moving over to digital formats. 
I have 120Gb worth of Music.... I plug my dedicated Music hdd into the in-dash reciever using a USB cable. USB sticks and hdd's are the Disc changers of NOW.

facepalm

Furiously Chaosing

I get you so horked up

Message 8 of 8 (34 Views)
0 Likes