Highlighted
Sep 17 2012
By: Pro_Di_Gyyy First Son 4 posts

ps3 controller works in menu but stops working with ps2 games

[ Edited ]
9 replies 1026 views Edited Sep 17, 2012

so last week i was playing a ps2 game (ffx) on my ps3 and worked totally fine. then my ps3 got the YLOD (yellow light) and i had it fixed. now i got it back and was gonna play however the controller stops working the moment i start up the game. heres what happens:

i turn on the ps3 (note: i cant start the ps3 with the PS button on my controller anymore. idk why.)
during the menu, my controller works while plugged in with charging cable.
i start the ps2 game and like always the controllers turn off and when i turn them back on they just keep blinking (all 4 ports are blinking so its not a charge problem). they just keep blinking forever.

ive tried to reset, its charged, it works in the menu but wont sync when the ps2game starts

help? :/

Message 1 of 10 (1,026 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Re: ps3 controller works in menu but stops working with ps2 games

Sep 17, 2012
anyone? i know theres alot of controller prob threads but none of them are like this issue. and none of those solutions work
Message 2 of 10 (1,018 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3375 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Get a clip and push the little button on the back to reset it. Other than that, you could try to change controler port by holding the PS button for a few secs. 

Red-Blitz
R.I.P PS3 2007-2010.
Message 3 of 10 (1,006 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Sep 17, 2012
as i said, i already tried resetting it. ive also tried switching ports by switching the cables. holding the PS button while its wireless makes no difference, it just blinks for a second or two and then turns off.
Message 4 of 10 (995 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
20389 posts

Sep 17, 2012
Message 5 of 10 (990 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 17, 2012

at a random place that fixed me xbox before  however if it is something they did, what can it possibly be that the controllers work fine in the menu but not during a ps2 game?  

Message 6 of 10 (986 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
20389 posts

Sep 17, 2012

Pro_Di_Gyyy wrote:

at a random place that fixed me xbox before  however if it is something they did, what can it possibly be that the controllers work fine in the menu but not during a ps2 game?  

That's something you should ask your random repair shop.

Message 7 of 10 (979 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
36071 posts

Sep 17, 2012

ne1atall wrote:

Pro_Di_Gyyy wrote:

Wow, what happened to your text color ne1, it's black on well nearly black lol, I can just make it out!

Message 8 of 10 (976 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
20389 posts

Sep 17, 2012

BRIT-KO wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

Pro_Di_Gyyy wrote:

Wow, what happened to your text color ne1, it's black on well nearly black lol, I can just make it out!

Dunno. I'm using white as my background. I couldn't take all that black. I can change my text color on each post but can I set a default color? I imagine I can as yours is always yellow now. I like it by the way.

Message 9 of 10 (972 Views)
0 Likes
Shinra Executive
36071 posts

Sep 18, 2012

ne1atall wrote:

BRIT-KO wrote:

ne1atall wrote:

Pro_Di_Gyyy wrote:

Dunno. I'm using white as my background. I couldn't take all that black. I can change my text color on each post but can I set a default color? I imagine I can as yours is always yellow now. I like it by the way.

Actually I'll be honest & say I haven't yet found a way to permanently keep it the color I want, when I want to respond to a post, I just change it to what I want, just like you do now really.

Glad you like the color, although others who also use the white/whiter background have complained they can't read my posts & have to highlight it to be able to read it, you se it ok?

Message 10 of 10 (968 Views)
0 Likes