May 08 2013
By: medoutoo08 First Son 1 posts

ps3 console just stopped working...

7 replies 138 views Edited May 8, 2013

when turning console on green light comes on... thats it no picture... fan use to blow hard now u can barely hear it at all...i have reset console ..still nothing ...what do you advise

Message 1 of 8 (138 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
14453 posts

Re: ps3 console just stopped working...

May 8, 2013

Welcome to the forums, medoutoo08.

Doesn't sound good.  Have you tried to reset the video mode (just in case).  Youtube has videos on how to do this.

Otherwise you might try to find an electronics or gaming shop that could take a look and possible repair the console for you.

** Use a unique password for your PSN ID - one you don't use anywhere else **
** Engage brain before putting mouth in gear **

”Signature-1.jpg”
MVP Terms and Conditions ________________(=^‥^=)________________ Forum Rules of Conduct
========== SONY Customer Service 800-345-7669 or Link to Live Chat ==========

Message 2 of 8 (130 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3220 posts

May 8, 2013

If you are having this problem I would hould down the power button until i got the extra beeps that would be the signal that the video output is resest. If that does not work email sony see if they got any ideas on how to fix it.

Message 3 of 8 (117 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
125 posts

[ Edited ]
May 8, 2013

Additionally, before you consider the route of sending your ps3 to anyone to be fixed, swap out your video cables with a confirmed working cable. I had mine die on me a few months back after loading up the Dust 514 beta for the first time (oh I was **bleep**). A simple swap would have saved me from rage and an hour with sony phone support.

Edit:

Odd, I didn't expected that to be censored...

Anyways, your fan issue is a bit of a mystery to me. If it was blowing at full power all the time before, I'm afraid your problem might be bigger than mine. Hopefully nothing is fried though

Message 4 of 8 (114 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

May 8, 2013

I have somewhat of the same problem. I turn it on and nothing happens. My hard drive is dead and after about 60 seconds I get a message on screen saying that the hard drive couldn't be found and it's the ps3 wont start. Could it be your hard drive? Is there clicking coming out of the hard drive area when you have you ear down to it?

Message 5 of 8 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
344 posts

May 8, 2013

Their go's $150.00 plus all your saves unless you have plus ? Then it's just the money ! Sorry to hear that I've been their twice now Smiley Sad .

Message 6 of 8 (97 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3209 posts

May 8, 2013
medoutoo08.... Put the system in stand by which is the red solid light. Press and HOLD your finger on the PS3, you will hear 1 beep when the system starts up and KEEP holding your finger on the power button. It will make 1 more beep then the system will shut down. Do the same thing, finger on power button then it will beep once to turn on, but this time it will have 2 quick beeps and the system will restart into safe mode. You can use those setting to restore the systems settings.

preytec.....If you hear clicking noise coming from the hard drive then your hard drive is dead. You will need to replace it. Hope this helps guys Smiley Happy
PSN: Deaofly
60 GIG Ps3 Owner Since January 21, 2007
500GB Ps4 Owner Since November 22, 2014
1000 Model PSP Owner, PSP Go Owner and PS Vita Owner
PS1 and PS2, Both Original Systems.
Message 7 of 8 (93 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Fender Bender
3613 posts

May 9, 2013

First thing check your cable..

Then do the reset display settings..

Then Check your hard drive..

If all checks out your playing again....

If not, fix what is bad like cable or hard drive..

But if it if a hard drive, when purchasing a new one i would suggest a male to female data/power cable

It will keep your hard drive outside and much much cooler...

Also 1 last thing, take your console apart and clean it.

also replace the thermal paste...

Hope this helps and gets you gaming again....

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 Smiley Tongue
Message 8 of 8 (82 Views)
0 Likes