Reply
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13736 posts
 

Re: ps3 broken, no receipt?

Jun 8, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

Hey, we've all done it from time to time.


Replied to an old thread, yes.

 

But I've never found an old one and thought "hey, that needs answering" and bumped it all the way up. I've only ever replied after some other person bumps it.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 21 of 34 (213 Views)
First Son
Registered: 06/07/2013
Offline
2 posts
 

Re: ps3 broken, no receipt?

Jun 8, 2013
Error 80010514. 4 consoles in a row. I take care of my stuff. How come this is still an issue. Right out of the dang box?!
Message 22 of 34 (204 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 08/07/2009
Online
13736 posts
 

Re: ps3 broken, no receipt?

Jun 8, 2013

Why are you continuing to post about it in an old thread?

 

 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 23 of 34 (202 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
MVP Support
Registered: 03/01/2010
Offline
24784 posts
 

Re: ps3 broken, no receipt?

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

Disposed_Soldier wrote:
Error 80010514. 4 consoles in a row. I take care of my stuff. How come this is still an issue. Right out of the dang box?!

Return it and if all 4 came from the same place get one somewhere else.  Actually since it was 4 and considering that error it's probably the disc that's bad.

Message 24 of 34 (200 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Online
7130 posts
 

Re: ps3 broken, no receipt?

Jun 8, 2013

Madrid-CF09 wrote:

here is the story, my ps3 has recently been freezing when i play video games, (netflix still works on it though). I bought this ps3 last year late july early august, so i still have about 1 month left on the warranty. the problem is i have no receipt. i know i bought this at toys r us, but **bleep** man. any one got an idea on what i should do? does toys r us give new receipts, and if they do, how will i get it. and will sony be nice to me and just let me send it in without a receipt, i mean there has to be a serial number or something. why would i have a receipt of a year old item. when i buy something for $300 i expect it to work for more than 9 months.


Who did you  buy the  warrenty from  them or sony.. If it from them  your name  should be on file and your  personal address info mation as well as the console  serial number..  If bought a warrenty they shouldve emailed you  a reciept as well  as gave you one. Just give the serial number f the console and your name and  etc. date you bought it as well.

 YOu can go that  route on both  sony and  toys r us.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 25 of 34 (175 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Online
7130 posts
 

Re: ps3 broken, no receipt?

Jun 8, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Really? How does Sony know WHEN you bought your PS3?

You're an idiot..... and deserve to be called one.

 

Sony does not keep individual purchase information, unless you purchase from one of their Sony Style stores. I dont know of any manufacturer that does


 every console is registerd back. when go online.. they know where  you bought it and  where as well

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 26 of 34 (175 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
Registered: 12/08/2000
Online
29423 posts
 

Re: ps3 broken, no receipt?

Jun 8, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Really? How does Sony know WHEN you bought your PS3?

You're an idiot..... and deserve to be called one.

 

Sony does not keep individual purchase information, unless you purchase from one of their Sony Style stores. I dont know of any manufacturer that does


 every console is registerd back. when go online.. they know where  you bought it and  where as well


And how do you know the person using it is the person who bought it? "They just do" is not a sufficient answer. We all know how this generation loves to unload stuff at GameStop. That console that shows up online could have bought there. Or at a pawnshop. Or at a yard sale. Or it could have been stolen.

Message 27 of 34 (171 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Online
7130 posts
 

Re: ps3 broken, no receipt?

[ Edited ]
Jun 8, 2013

CaptainAlbator wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Really? How does Sony know WHEN you bought your PS3?

You're an idiot..... and deserve to be called one.

 

Sony does not keep individual purchase information, unless you purchase from one of their Sony Style stores. I dont know of any manufacturer that does


 every console is registerd back. when go online.. they know where  you bought it and  where as well


And how do you know the person using it is the person who bought it? "They just do" is not a sufficient answer. We all know how this generation loves to unload stuff at GameStop. That console that shows up online could have bought there. Or at a pawnshop. Or at a yard sale. Or it could have been stolen.


 in order to  except the sale they have to id the buyer and  type in the console numbers of sale  its the only way  you get receipt.  when they  do that  info it goes to sony. Thats the way i heard it.

 

  I dont about the rest of  if  its the actual   buyer/buyee using the console that really a blinds man game in that matter lol(Who know who is using it) lol.. but if he has a console warrenty then they send  a copy of reciept to your email as well as a  give a receipt  of sale for his records

 

  That how  a sale  warrenty works you always get 2 copies. This depends on where he got the warrenty from  though. It shoud be on fie as  long as the warrenty valid with console serial number

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 28 of 34 (159 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Big Daddy
Registered: 12/24/2007
Offline
16918 posts
 

Re: ps3 broken, no receipt?

Jun 8, 2013

mcbuttz78 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Really? How does Sony know WHEN you bought your PS3?

You're an idiot..... and deserve to be called one.

 

Sony does not keep individual purchase information, unless you purchase from one of their Sony Style stores. I dont know of any manufacturer that does


 every console is registerd back. when go online.. they know where  you bought it and  where as well


And how do you know the person using it is the person who bought it? "They just do" is not a sufficient answer. We all know how this generation loves to unload stuff at GameStop. That console that shows up online could have bought there. Or at a pawnshop. Or at a yard sale. Or it could have been stolen.


 in order to  except the sale they have to id the buyer and  type in the console numbers of sale  its the only way  you get receipt.  when they  do that  info it goes to sony. Thats the way i heard it.

 

  I dont about the rest of  if  its the actual   buyer/buyee using the console that really a blinds man game in that matter lol(Who know who is using it) lol.. but if he has a console warrenty then they send  a copy of reciept to your email as well as a  give a receipt  of sale for his records

 

  That how  a sale  warrenty works you always get 2 copies. This depends on where he got the warrenty from  though. It shoud be on fie as  long as the warrenty valid with console serial number

 



Thats all false

Furiously Chaosing
Message 29 of 34 (147 Views)
Reply
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
Registered: 07/02/2009
Online
7130 posts
 

Re: ps3 broken, no receipt?

Jun 8, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

CaptainAlbator wrote:

mcbuttz78 wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Really? How does Sony know WHEN you bought your PS3?

You're an idiot..... and deserve to be called one.

 

Sony does not keep individual purchase information, unless you purchase from one of their Sony Style stores. I dont know of any manufacturer that does


 every console is registerd back. when go online.. they know where  you bought it and  where as well


And how do you know the person using it is the person who bought it? "They just do" is not a sufficient answer. We all know how this generation loves to unload stuff at GameStop. That console that shows up online could have bought there. Or at a pawnshop. Or at a yard sale. Or it could have been stolen.


 in order to  except the sale they have to id the buyer and  type in the console numbers of sale  its the only way  you get receipt.  when they  do that  info it goes to sony. Thats the way i heard it.

 

  I dont about the rest of  if  its the actual   buyer/buyee using the console that really a blinds man game in that matter lol(Who know who is using it) lol.. but if he has a console warrenty then they send  a copy of reciept to your email as well as a  give a receipt  of sale for his records

 

  That how  a sale  warrenty works you always get 2 copies. This depends on where he got the warrenty from  though. It shoud be on fie as  long as the warrenty valid with console serial number

 



Thats all false


How so?     When  you get warrenty they ask for your information.. that take this inforamtion they  ask for  your email address.. The store give you reciept for the  warrenty(  yellow/white paper slips  they retain a copy on file  . they also send a copy to email address.  That how a warrenty works now.A pawn  shop will not do that but they do  keep your purchase on file, You get recipet for the warrenty  alot compnaies to do electronic reciepts when  means to  your email address a copy.

 

  So  how's is that false. GO buy a playstation warrenty and  awatch  copy comes to email  address of  verification of purchase./Regardess of where you bought it from..

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 30 of 34 (135 Views)
Reply
0 Likes