Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Re: ps3 broken, no receipt?

Jun 15, 2012

I had a psone break on me, well took care of to the slim.  I had a ps2 stop reading dvds the fat system.  I didnt take care of it to well though.  after a series of patches ive had a ps3 320 slim i bought a few months before that series of patches start acting up.  I think the systems get made cheaper over time.  Prime time to buy a new system is in the middle of its cycle im thinking.

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 34 (277 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15440 posts

Jun 15, 2012

TheDster wrote:

I dont know Grey, i called them and the knew when i bought mine.  I couldnt believe it either but i still needed reciept to turn it in.  It came back the same as i sent it in, other theni think the bluray drive got quieter though.

Believe it or not, i gave the lady my serial number on it and she told me it was still under warranty.  She knew when i bought it and everything.

Blessed are those that get turned away or banned. Someone must have something to hide????

Maybe you bought it from Sony through their online store or one of their affiliate companies?

They will always need a physical copy of the reciept to make absolutely sure that you're not trying to scam them, computers are not always "never wrong". Which also proves without a shadow of a doubt that the timestamp on the purchase matches what they possibly might have in their system if they have that information to begin with

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 34 (277 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
2195 posts

Jun 15, 2012

No i bought at walmart, i should of known better cause it was their last 320 gig slim they had.  Thats prolly why it has so many issues.

Pay your fair share and your taxes and help your employees and pay your employees fair, Corporations. Stop cheating people.
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 34 (277 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
15440 posts

Jun 16, 2012

Just because it was the last one they had in stock does not mean its automatically going to have issues.....

What if Walmart had gotten a new shipment a few days before, and people simply wanted to buy a PS3 all in the same week?

That stuff DOES happen on occasion

Cognitive Dissonance - The ability to understand multiple viewpoints even if they conflict with one another - and still use critical thinking, logical thought, and common sense to come to the realization that only ONE is the correct one and the others are wrong.

Furiously Chaosing
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 34 (277 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jun 7, 2013
Here is why sony's need of a receipt is ridiculous. Microsoft did NOT require a proof of purchase. The serial number states that it is under warranty that is all they need to worry about. If a store (like best buy or wal mart etcetc) has a console stolen sony STILL gets their money for the console. Its the establishment that sells it who will lose money (not really there is insurance involved). Sony requiring a proof of purchase is just dumb. Especially when this whole disc reading problem seems not to be an isolated problem. Ive gone through 4 ps3's. two of which lasted less than a year. And all of them go the same route. They pick and choose which game discs to load. Everything else works flawlessly.
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 34 (203 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
633 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Just send it, they will fix it, they will also send you a shipping package, go to support on their official site. I have to admit Sony has good customer support, they fixed my PS3 even though the warranty had expired already, my PS3 blu ray stopped working, I didn't have a receipt and I wasn't even charged extra money, maybe I was just lucky I don't know, it took them over a month to fix it though.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 34 (198 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24701 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Disposed_Soldier wrote:
Here is why sony's need of a receipt is ridiculous. Microsoft did NOT require a proof of purchase. The serial number states that it is under warranty that is all they need to worry about. If a store (like best buy or wal mart etcetc) has a console stolen sony STILL gets their money for the console. Its the establishment that sells it who will lose money (not really there is insurance involved). Sony requiring a proof of purchase is just dumb. Especially when this whole disc reading problem seems not to be an isolated problem. Ive gone through 4 ps3's. two of which lasted less than a year. And all of them go the same route. They pick and choose which game discs to load. Everything else works flawlessly.

"but... but... but... but... but... but Microsoft?!" is not a valid reason. They did that to avoid a RECALL. People love to trot out the"but... but Microsoft" excuse, however that is faulty cause and effect. And if you've really gone through four PS3 consoles, then I have to question how well you take care of your stuff.

The bill of sale is a legal contract between you and the maufacturer. If you don't have the receipt, how do they know you didn't steal it? Or that it wasn't bought from "some guy"? How do you know? You don't. Make all the excuses you want, if you went before a judge he'd ask you for a valid bill of sale. If you said "You honor... but... but... but... but Microsoft", he'd say "get out of my courtroom".

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 34 (194 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
12015 posts

Jun 8, 2013

I love how people find these old threads. And then feel the need to answer the OP's question.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 34 (190 Views)
Wastelander
633 posts

Jun 8, 2013

glaciusx25 wrote:

I love how people find these old threads. And then feel the need to answer the OP's question.

I can see it's a year old now lol and I thought I was helping him haha

Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 34 (187 Views)
PlayStation MVP
24701 posts

Jun 8, 2013

Hey, we've all done it from time to time.

Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 34 (185 Views)
0 Likes