Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Nov 13 2011
By: ShadowMoon Monster Hunter 36 posts

ps3 3d display...

13 replies 1236 views Edited Nov 13, 2011

so i picked up the ps3 3d display and wow am i pissed...

no remote thats right this tv has no remote control so navigating the menu can be difficult and if i want to change the volume i have to get up adjust it got back and see if thats a good volume and if not get up again, 1 pair of 3d glasses, when i i it off it was suppose to have two and i was looking forward to using the simulvue which is the reason this tv was made!!!!! but nope instead i just kind of got bent over i have resistance 3 already so im not to mad they went back on their word about that but now i wish i had is so i could trade it in to buy the second pair of 3d glasses they promised!!!

sorry everyone but i've never been this upset with sony but this time i feel lied to and screwed over!

PSN:shadowmoon add me
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 14 (1,236 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Re: ps3 3d display...

Nov 13, 2011

Sony always stated that the only thing the 3D display would only come with is 1 pair of 3D glasses and a HDMI cable. Sony switched the pack in game from Resistance to MotorStorm, but allowed people that preordered to get Resistance too.

The their is a new remote control from Sony that works with the TV, sold separately for $25. IMO since this product is really only a monitor and not a TV with a tuner, Sony didn't really need to pack in a full featured remote, but they should have put in some sort of remote that did basic functions like turn it on/off, change the video inputs, and control the volume.

If you purchased the 3D display at Best Buy, they are running a special where when you buy this display, you get 50% off a second pair of glasses.

IMO this is a nice display, but I feel it is a bit pricey at $500. I hope next year Sony will just sell the basic display without any pack-in games for $300. I think they will be far more successful at that price point...

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 14 (1,236 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
36 posts

Nov 13, 2011

i did pre order and when i looked at the webiste it said pre order and get reisitance 3 and a second pair of glasses a $130 value for free and it was on playstation.com

PSN:shadowmoon add me
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 14 (1,236 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 13, 2011

I had been keeping track of the promotions on this display and I have never seen it mentioned that Sony was giving a second pair of glasses for free when preordering this display. I have just seen the Resistance 3 promotion. Where did you buy your display from?

Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 14 (1,236 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 14, 2011

Sorry, I'm Italian and I would like to know if the display is compatible with Sony 3D glasses.

thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 14 (1,236 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Nov 14, 2011

fralogia wrote:

Sorry, I'm Italian and I would like to know if the display is compatible with Sony 3D glasses.

thanks

I think the PS 3D display is compatible with Sony 3D glasses, and the 3D glasses that come with the PS display are compatible with other Sony 3D displays and other major TV manufactures.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 14 (1,236 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 14, 2011

Ok, got my dispaly today and It is the best!!! I to have looked at all the deals and ONLY ONE PAIR OF GLASSES CAME WITH IT!!! The other point that I would like to make- ITS A DISPLAY NOT 55 INCH 3D TV THATS ON THE WALL! Don't need a remote. If that all you have to cry about then get a tissue and your diper changed. wiper wiper!!! The other point I would like to say is there is not anything else out there that is 3D for a personal montor that I have found, but ther price is a fair better that 2,000 plus for a good 3D TV. Sony has done it again and that why PS3 is the best. P.S the tech i talked to with sony info me that the 3D display glasses would work with other TV but the other Glasses would not work with the PS3 display b/c the sim view has to have specal glasses that come with it. Also that why there 70 plus dollers.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 14 (1,236 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 15, 2011

Logical_Dolphin ha scritto:

fralogia wrote:

thanks

I think the PS 3D display is compatible with Sony 3D glasses, and the 3D glasses that come with the PS display are compatible with other Sony 3D displays and other major TV manufactures.

Thanks, the glasses are universal. They are compatible with all 3D TV using the IR

In Europe we do not know when it comes out, but it will have two 3D glasses included, it will  have no games at a price of 499 (676$ )

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 14 (1,236 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Nov 18, 2011

I am writing again to ask if in display settings there is the Italian language. Thanks!

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 14 (1,236 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
267 posts

Nov 19, 2011

No Italian, (but this is the NA model)

But there aren't many words need to be translated.  Most onscreen English words are pretty easy to understand.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 14 (1,236 Views)
0 Likes