Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Apr 12 2012
By: CallMeVince2 First Son 5 posts

ps2 save data problem

9 replies 1377 views Edited Apr 12, 2012

I downloaded persona 3 FES from the psn store 2 days ago and I just ran into a problem. While I was playing I quit to the xmb to check something and when I returned to the game and attempted to load my save file all the slots were empty. I quit to the xmb to see if my save file was under the ps2 save game utility and it was. I tried restarting the game, my ps3 and re-downloading the game but my save file wouldi not show up. I really do not want to start over especially if there is a chance that this might happen again.. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should do?

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 10 (1,377 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Re: ps2 save data problem

Apr 12, 2012

in memory card utility you have to be sure to assign it to slot one or two..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 10 (1,377 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 12, 2012

The ps2 classics use the saved data utility (PS2) , there isn't an option to assign anything. And even if there was i've been playing this game for the past 2 days and i've been able to save/load without any problem until now.

Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 10 (1,377 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Apr 12, 2012

i don't know but on my ps3 theres a memory card for ps1 and ps2 with all my game saves and you have to be sure to assign them to the right slot...guess you have a different ps3 than me lol...but if you go to memory card utility you can create a card for ps2 by pressing triangle..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 10 (1,377 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Apr 12, 2012

I know, I have that too but the ps2 classics (ex: the persona 3 fes game i downloaded) don't use the virtual memory cards that the regular ps2 games use. The ps2 classics create their own seperate save file which is located under the saved data utility folder in the xmb.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 10 (1,377 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 21, 2012

If you're still interested, I've had the same problem with my save file. As far as I can tell, this is a bug that has no fix. You're right about files being saved to Save Data. The best option for the time being is to create multiple saves. The top save seems to disapear more often than the second.

I'm not sure how you could recover a save. The only thing I haven't tried is to delete the game itself, and redownload. Not sure what that would do, but due to the nature of this problem anything seems possible.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 10 (1,377 Views)
First Son
1 posts

Jul 8, 2012

I have the same problem going on with mine which makes me mad because I wasted about 80 hours into it. It was working fine at first but now  the save won't even appear like what happened to you. I don't know what can be done to fix this but I really wish I could find a way.

Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 10 (1,355 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

Jul 8, 2012

**bleep**, im glad i dont have that problem... i have like ten years of ps1,2 and 3 game saves on my HD.

but they are in the memory card utility...

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 10 (1,353 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Oct 30, 2012

Not alone, happened to me recently. Kind of glad to see it's a game bug and not hardware failure. I'll try the multiple save slots idea when I restart.

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 10 (1,116 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Dec 29, 2012

I contacted customer support about this and their solution is to delete the game and redownload it.  Then boot up in Safe Mode and Restore the file system, then Rebuild the database.  I refuse to start over in Syphon Filter, especially since I already got everything I could offline.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 10 (960 Views)
0 Likes