Big Daddy
16824 posts

Re: ps2 backward compatibility app for ps3

May 17, 2013

Cascadien wrote:

devonalecmontoya wrote:
Thank you for breaking this childs argument up. No one ever said there would be trolls on it.

Oh you didn't know... Why that's just cap'n pain n the **bleep**. It could/would be considered a troll on any other forum but here in the wacky negaverse that's is the OPSF's it is an "MVP"... And not at all just some harsh **bleep** who probably  never actually PLAYS their playstation(s) and instead chooses to chide and reprimand others who may for no real reason other than just because it can.

That said the PS2 download is only for (as far as i can tell final fantasy 11), and as has been stated earlier its only usable with a B/C PS3

you are not the first to make this mistake.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 21 of 32 (634 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013
"Well why not. The ability to play all ps system games is simpler than setting up a whole obsolete console. Why else would the ps3 need internet why not just use a computer."

I dont have a computer, so the ps3 browser is a very nice feature, and it was the first console to utilize one

"Why play online games with people why not just split screen it."

Online multiplayer brings the arcade competition to consoles. People like to compete, so instead of limiting who you compete against to your local area or region, the online gameplay makes it so that you can compete with people all over the world.

"Why listen to music on a ps3 why not just play music on a device that is meant to play music."

Some people dont have ipod speakers or sound systems that have ipod docks on them. Being able to play music on the ps3 makes it so you can entertain a group of people without having to buy extra equpiment or change cd's

"Why watch tv on it when you already have a tv"

Personally I like to watch anime on my ps3. I watch shows that aren't on any US channels.

"or look at pictures when you can look at them off the thing you took the picture from."

you mean a camera? They tend to have small screens and not every tv has a USB port on it

"I doubt you only use your ps3 just to play a ps3 game."

actually yes, for over 98% of the time. i watch Attack on Titan on Sundays using the Crunchyroll app, but aside from that, the system is playing ps3 games

"And plus why dont people go buy a ps1 instead since "ps3 is only meant for ps3" ."

PS3 is meant for primarily PS3 games. the hardest part of emulating a ps2 is the video card, which had amazingly fast response times, but only 8 points of data entry. This made it so that the video card was only able to handle 8 bits of information at a time. the good thing about this is it made processing extremely quick, but it had a very large buffer and is extremely hard to replicate, since it ran strictly on it's registers, and did not have its own random access memory.

Its the ease of access and everyone prefers it. Like smart phones and transportation.

Everybody in the US wants to have everything handed to them on a silver platter. If you want to play your ps1 or ps2, get off your **bleep** and hook it up. If you don't want to have to do every time you want to play, go to Walmart and buy an A/V Input switch for $15 and hook everything into that. Then all you have to do is push a button to change the input on the switch. It's not hard, it just takes a little bit of what almost every American is afraid of… work.

Edit: stupid I phone doesn't support bbcodes… (-_-')
My PSN
Message 22 of 32 (626 Views)
0 Likes
Welcoming Committee
4404 posts

May 17, 2013

devonalecmontoya wrote:
Thats so dumb! And especially since the slim has the option to create internal memory cards. I bet it will never come around and it will instead be released for the ps4 Smiley Tongue . How dissapointing. I would rather load a ps2 disc instead of a ps1 in my opinion. Atleast to play kingdom hearts games or dot hack

This thread has pretty much answered your question... Many times... In different ways.

But, I just wanted to clear this up.

It doesn't matter if your PS3 is one of the older B/C ones or the newer models. You still need the internal memory cards to play PS1/PS2 classics off PSN. So, FYI, both models use this feature.

"You must make a friend of horror. Horror and moral terror are your friends. If they are not then they are enemies to be feared."

Message 23 of 32 (614 Views)
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

Actually, HorrorGod, PS2 Classics don't use the internal memory card, only the PS one Classics do.

PSN Gamercards

Feel free to add me as a friend. Just put "playstation forums" in the friend request.
Message 24 of 32 (606 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
573 posts

[ Edited ]
May 18, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

I was wondering when you'd chime in.

You know I almost mentioned you in my reply too, but then didn't  want to seem antagonistic....Robot wink

btw you should really learn how to post video in your sig if you want anyone to ACTUALLY watch your Memes...

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Message 25 of 32 (589 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
74 posts

Sep 28, 2013
But they deleted the app.
Message 26 of 32 (496 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24487 posts

Sep 28, 2013

Roderik1999 wrote:
But they deleted the app.

Please don't start bumping these old threads without reading them first. There was no APP and there never will be. They didn't delete anything.

Message 27 of 32 (490 Views)
Big Daddy
16824 posts

Sep 29, 2013

Cascadien wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

I was wondering when you'd chime in.

You know I almost mentioned you in my reply too, but then didn't  want to seem antagonistic....Robot wink

btw you should really learn how to post video in your sig if you want anyone to ACTUALLY watch your Memes...

Sounds like you've seen it before. 

Furiously Chaosing
Message 28 of 32 (471 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11484 posts

Sep 29, 2013
True, besides ps2 playback on ps3 were not perfect either... If you got a ps2 your better off playing them on that
>

Message 29 of 32 (463 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
8 posts

Mar 22, 2014

can someone send me a link for the app please for backwards compatibility???? i know its in the app store just cant find the darn thing!!!!

Message 30 of 32 (275 Views)
0 Likes