Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Survivor
2213 posts

Re: ps2 backward compatibility app for ps3

Jan 27, 2013

There is no app for that and there won't be. I'm pretty sure it would require a hardware update instead of a software update to make a ps3 that can't play ps2 games actually play them.

Signature02.png

Please use plain text.
Message 11 of 32 (797 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
24384 posts

Jan 27, 2013

devonalecmontoya wrote:
Well why not. The ability to play all ps system games is simpler than setting up a whole obsolete console. Why else would the ps3 need internet why not just use a computer.(To access the Playstation Network and the Playstation Store, and there are also many things that a PC can do better than the PS3, yet "gamers" always seem to believe in the all or nothing mindset, where one precludes another). Why play online games with people why not just split screen it. (Because Split screen is limiting in the developers take up too many resources trying to enable it).Why listen to music on a ps3 why not just play music on a device that is meant to play music. (I have an iPod already)Why watch tv on it when you already have a tv or look at pictures when you can look at them off the thing you took the picture from.(Now you're just being silly) I doubt you only use your ps3 just to play a ps3 game.(Actually I do use my PS3 exclusively for PS3 games. The calendar currently says 2013, not 2004. If you're pining for PS2 games at this point, then again I'd have to call into question your descision to buy a PS3, and ask that your gaming needs might be better met by some other device.) And plus why dont people go buy a ps1 instead since "ps3 is only meant for ps3" (Because the Playstation 1 is no longer in production and nobody is let the ability to play PS1 games preclude them from playing PS3 games). Its the ease of access and everyone prefers it. Like smart phones and transportation. (Irrevelant. And not pertinent to this discussion)

Please use plain text.
Message 12 of 32 (791 Views)
Fender Bender
3055 posts

Jan 27, 2013

i actually would rather play them ps2 games on my ps2 rather than my BC system anyway..its just a nostalgic thing for me i guess lol..

gta5 photo: GTAV banner gta5_banner.jpg
Please use plain text.
Message 13 of 32 (782 Views)
First Son
5 posts

Jan 27, 2013
Thank you for breaking this childs argument up. No one ever said there would be trolls on it.
Please use plain text.
Message 14 of 32 (777 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
409 posts

Jan 27, 2013

It's only for "certain" earlier models

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Please use plain text.
Message 15 of 32 (775 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
506 posts

Jan 27, 2013
Thats why I kept my PS2 for playing some PS2 games.

Please use plain text.
Message 16 of 32 (774 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

A New PS2 Emotion Engine built and created into a USB Flash Drive or Adaptor

May 16, 2013

You know, it sfunny have the slim line ps3's don't play ps2 games because of the emotion engine that originally came with the 20 GB, 60Gb, and 1st Gen 60 GB, but its sad that Sony did not create anything that will help the classics of the legendary games. Of course, I would like to propose to Sony that they should make a PS2 emotion engine adaptor or a USB Flash Drive in which gamers can save their games, keeping their original classic PS2 games such as Final Fantasy X, Onimusha Trilogy are the still the biggest franchises in the PS2 Market. 

1. An Emotion Engine Adaptor for the PS3 would be definitely be helpful.; The price of the adaptor would also save owners a lot of $$$$$.  

2. By building an adaptor for the PS3/, would also give gamemakers a chance to look back and say "why didn't this created in the first place?" the answer to that is, by buying a PS3,  the game producers are too self-centered because the value of the PS2 games will not have the competitor's edge with the new console, instead the company would also start to lose money..

3. The PS4 would be a great console once its released on the market, however, just because you can download the games (PS, PS2, PS3) off the PS Network is not the right way to go.

The reason is: the PS4 is nothing but a giant rom drive with the capabiliity of Blu-ray, infrared technology, wifi connection, VCD Playback  are just the luxuries of owning a D If I recalled, the Sega Dreancast had majority of technological enhancement.  As everyone knows, Sega DC Owners dislikes Sony.

The console giants Playstation, Nintendo, Microsoft would feel discouraged, because the Dreamcast is the original PS4, with the capability to read, play games from endless regions, Internet Connection, PS1 playback, (my dreamcast has wifi). When the PS4 comes out, yes, they will be endless lines in the retail stores, but ganers are too over tooi anxious without studying the facts. Anyways, I still own a white PS One. , 1 Fat PS2, and 1 Slimlined PS2, a Nintendo Entertainment Console (NES), a Nintendo 64, and the Sega Dreamcast.  I refuse to sell my consoles, because I know, even if the newer stuff gets better and better, why settle more? I day the retro consoles would be worth more than a PS4, XBOX 720, Nintendo Wii U. You can decide on your own, Only You can choose what you truly desire from a video game console.

So Sony, I recopmmend you developers create a Emotion Engine USB Adaptor so PS2 games can be played on the 2nd general PS3 consoles, like the 40 GB, 120 GB< 250 GB, 320 GB and the 500 GB, if you did this, it will restore the gamer's desire for playing the their original PS2 games on the PS2, all you need to do is to upgrade the fiireware, an d best news is it will prevent gamers from opening their consoles, (prevent from voiding their wanrantee) and even hackers won't be able to to hack the console.

This new driver would be a Emotion Engine built into a USB flash drive or an adaptor, with trhe capabiility to play ganes from different regions, can play backup games, this small USB stick will solve everyone's problems.

Please use plain text.
Message 17 of 32 (676 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
926 posts

Re: A New PS2 Emotion Engine built and created into a USB Flash Drive or Adaptor

May 16, 2013
I HIGHLY suggest that you take the time to do some research on computer programming, processor architechture, investment potentials, computer technology and functionality, and a great deal more.

Pretty much everything you mentioned is 100% false or inaccurate. I only say this so that you can spend the time to do the research and become a little bit more enlightened on the subject and be able to understand the technological hurdles that prevent this from happening.

BTW, "But so-and-so did it before!" is a 100% invalid argument. "So-and-so built an airplane that could fly" doesn't mean that my automobile should have the ability to fly just because it's a moving vehicle.
Please use plain text.
Message 18 of 32 (668 Views)
Sackboy
573 posts

[ Edited ]
May 17, 2013

devonalecmontoya wrote:
Thank you for breaking this childs argument up. No one ever said there would be trolls on it.

Oh you didn't know... Why that's just cap'n pain n the **bleep**. It could/would be considered a troll on any other forum but here in the wacky negaverse that's is the OPSF's it is an "MVP"... And not at all just some harsh **bleep** who probably  never actually PLAYS their playstation(s) and instead chooses to chide and reprimand others who may for no real reason other than just because it can.

That said the PS2 download is only for (as far as i can tell final fantasy 11), and as has been stated earlier its only usable with a B/C PS3

you are not the first to make this mistake.

LONG LIVE CECHA01!!!
the absolute pinnacle of console video gaming!
Please use plain text.
Message 19 of 32 (651 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3330 posts

Re: A New PS2 Emotion Engine built and created into a USB Flash Drive or Adaptor

May 17, 2013

dychow00 wrote:

You know, it sfunny have the slim line ps3's don't play ps2 games because of the emotion engine that originally came with the 20 GB, 60Gb, and 1st Gen 60 GB, but its sad that Sony did not create anything that will help the classics of the legendary games. Of course, I would like to propose to Sony that they should make a PS2 emotion engine adaptor or a USB Flash Drive in which gamers can save their games, keeping their original classic PS2 games such as Final Fantasy X, Onimusha Trilogy are the still the biggest franchises in the PS2 Market. 

1. An Emotion Engine Adaptor for the PS3 would be definitely be helpful.; The price of the adaptor would also save owners a lot of $$$$$.  

2. By building an adaptor for the PS3/, would also give gamemakers a chance to look back and say "why didn't this created in the first place?" the answer to that is, by buying a PS3,  the game producers are too self-centered because the value of the PS2 games will not have the competitor's edge with the new console, instead the company would also start to lose money..

3. The PS4 would be a great console once its released on the market, however, just because you can download the games (PS, PS2, PS3) off the PS Network is not the right way to go.

The reason is: the PS4 is nothing but a giant rom drive with the capabiliity of Blu-ray, infrared technology, wifi connection, VCD Playback  are just the luxuries of owning a D If I recalled, the Sega Dreancast had majority of technological enhancement.  As everyone knows, Sega DC Owners dislikes Sony.

The console giants Playstation, Nintendo, Microsoft would feel discouraged, because the Dreamcast is the original PS4, with the capability to read, play games from endless regions, Internet Connection, PS1 playback, (my dreamcast has wifi). When the PS4 comes out, yes, they will be endless lines in the retail stores, but ganers are too over tooi anxious without studying the facts. Anyways, I still own a white PS One. , 1 Fat PS2, and 1 Slimlined PS2, a Nintendo Entertainment Console (NES), a Nintendo 64, and the Sega Dreamcast.  I refuse to sell my consoles, because I know, even if the newer stuff gets better and better, why settle more? I day the retro consoles would be worth more than a PS4, XBOX 720, Nintendo Wii U. You can decide on your own, Only You can choose what you truly desire from a video game console.

So Sony, I recopmmend you developers create a Emotion Engine USB Adaptor so PS2 games can be played on the 2nd general PS3 consoles, like the 40 GB, 120 GB< 250 GB, 320 GB and the 500 GB, if you did this, it will restore the gamer's desire for playing the their original PS2 games on the PS2, all you need to do is to upgrade the fiireware, an d best news is it will prevent gamers from opening their consoles, (prevent from voiding their wanrantee) and even hackers won't be able to to hack the console.

This new driver would be a Emotion Engine built into a USB flash drive or an adaptor, with trhe capabiility to play ganes from different regions, can play backup games, this small USB stick will solve everyone's problems.

You forgot the 80gb had full bc too.. I know i had one till it died :smileysad:

Playing ps2 games on the ps3 was way better than playing on the ps2...

Now i play san andreas on my hdtv and it looks like crap..

Ps2 was really bad graphics wise, don't know how we all played it lol....

Photobucket

1TB 7200RPM Destop HDD Under it's own power outside of the ps3 :smileytongue:
Please use plain text.
Message 20 of 32 (647 Views)
0 Likes