Highlighted
Aug 06 2011
By: greenninja17 First Son 16 posts

ps vita game memory

5 replies 160 views Edited Aug 6, 2011

I have a question... i currently found out you gonna have to buy a playstation memory stick for the ps vita if u wanna buy games online through playstatiom store.

So i wouldnt want to do that unless they came at a reasonable price... so im gonna pre-order the ps vita but i also noticed u can pre order games as well(they're

39.99 at price with a picture of blue backgroung and says ps vita with games name) and if i wanted to pre-order the game like that and not buy it through the playstation

store how would they come? Whould it be a type of card like the ps go with a code on it or would it be like a game chip?

1 more question which no one is really able to answer,''is the ps vita going to have any internal memory at all, because im not looking foward to carrying game card

thanks

-greenninja17

Message 1 of 6 (160 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13736 posts

Re: ps vita game memory

Aug 6, 2011

If you pre-order the games, you will get the physical game cards.

You cannot pre-order "digital" games, at least not yet. Perhaps Sony will have a way to, but it's doubtful if there's a physical media.

There is no internal memory, it's in the FAQ.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 2 of 6 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Aug 6, 2011

All games from the retail store will come on a flash card, similar to the DS.

There may be a little internal memory, but you probably won't be able to use it at all. I believe the standard PSP had a small amount of internal memory but you were never able to use it, as it was specifically for the system firmware.

By way of fact, your game saves will be saved on the game card itself, not the system. So will DLC Add ons for that game.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 3 of 6 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
456 posts

Aug 7, 2011

1. Yes you will have your game chips that you buy in the store to put in your psvita.

2.  It probably won't have useable internal memory, but you can put in up to 32gb of external memory, and as shadelon said, dlc and game saves will be saved directly to the game cartridge instead of wasting space on the memroy stick.

Message 4 of 6 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2966 posts

Aug 7, 2011

D-Roy12 wrote:

1. Yes you will have your game chips that you buy in the store to put in your psvita.

2.  It probably won't have useable internal memory, but you can put in up to 32gb of external memory, and as shadelon said, dlc and game saves will be saved directly to the game cartridge instead of wasting space on the memroy stick.

Interesting, I wonder how sony is going to handle game saves and patches, and download content without having the original content being hacked by hackers on the game card. Also interesting is the games will be on 2gb and 4gb game cards. But still goes back to the question of why did sony make the game cards seperate from the memory sticks/cards if ppl are able to download dlc, patches and are they letting ppl access that content for backup saving the game saves on the pc. This will be interesting to know how sony will be handling this. It might be that the patches and dlc will be a secure hook up that the psvita will have to have with the psn for a proper download to be done with security measures in place, but as for the game saves they could be saved directly to the game card, but we might not be able to back up save them to the pc.

We will have to wait and see.

Everyone has their own opinion. The people you interact with in a community come from all walks of life, many different religions and beliefs, different family income levels, different points of view on many of today's hot topics of discussion. In a nutshell, each person is entitled to his or her own opinion. Discussion about it is the best thing to do, after all that's what communities are for. If it turns into some kind of sparring match, agree to disagree and move on.
Message 5 of 6 (160 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Aug 7, 2011

Heavy encryption and drm of course. How PSN games been handling it for a long time. Also if the PS Vita can just copy savedata like the PS3 then that eliminates the problem.

Photobucket
Message 6 of 6 (160 Views)
0 Likes