Feb 17 2013
By: gsr2121 First Son 1 posts

ps plus need help please

8 replies 168 views Edited Feb 17, 2013

how if everyone doing .. new to the fourm

here is my situation and was wondering if someone can give me some help

i had my ps vita for about 6 months and just found out about ps plus  i do not have a ps3 as i do not playing many video games i use my vita while on vacations or when i am really bored

i have 3 games.whipeout,uncharted and little deviants .. i spent 40$ on resistance and traded it for unit 13

is it worth it for me to get ps plus  for the amount i play . i dont like buying games becuase i beat them and sell them or trade them

i also am planning on getting  a 32gb memory card

any advice would be great thanks

also i would like to no who has had ps plus and bought games advantages and disadvantages thanks

Message 1 of 9 (168 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Re: ps plus need help please

Feb 17, 2013

Short Answer: No, it isn't worth it.

Message 2 of 9 (159 Views)
0 Likes
Gaming Beast
1916 posts

Feb 17, 2013

I only own a Vita and feel PS+ is still worth it. It's only $50/year, which pays for itself rather quickly even if you never take advantage of the PS+ discounts and only use it for the IGC.

Since you already own Uncharted and Wipeout, you do gain slightly less out of PS+, as both of those games are included. However, if you join now, you'll get Gravity Rush and Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, both fairly well reviewed games, plus some lesser ones in Retro City Rampage and Foosball.

This Tuesday we'll be getting a new game...Morgan (the PS+ rep) said it'll probably be a PSP title, so probably not that exciting, but then the following week we should get a decent "real" Vita game, as that's how the current schedule works.

Message 3 of 9 (158 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
39161 posts

Feb 17, 2013

gsr2121 wrote:

how if everyone doing .. new to the fourm

here is my situation and was wondering if someone can give me some help

i had my ps vita for about 6 months and just found out about ps plus  i do not have a ps3 as i do not playing many video games i use my vita while on vacations or when i am really bored

i have 3 games.whipeout,uncharted and little deviants .. i spent 40$ on resistance and traded it for unit 13

is it worth it for me to get ps plus  for the amount i play . i dont like buying games becuase i beat them and sell them or trade them

i also am planning on getting  a 32gb memory card

any advice would be great thanks

also i would like to no who has had ps plus and bought games advantages and disadvantages thanks

Welcome to the PlayStation Community gsr.

I have a suggestion to make, how about trying out a 3 month subscription for $17.99, that way you can get everything that is currently on offer & see what the next few months holds, if you decide that after that time it's not for you then cancel the auto-renew & the subscription?

To be honest one of the ways in which Plus has changed the way I game is that it has made me play some games I would never have thought about paying for, maybe that will happen to you too.

BRIT-KO

CMNTY_SIG_MVP_500x100_002B.jpg

Message 4 of 9 (154 Views)
0 Likes
Ghost of Sparta
13569 posts

Feb 17, 2013

Before I say what I think you should do, he's a little hint: do not rely completely on a single person's opnion. Some people like Plus while others disapprove it. You might be one or the other. But you might not kno that.

Plus clearly is a very incredible service. They give a free game at least once a week. But, Plus tends to give better treatment to the PS3 instead of the vita. ON the other nand, by joining plus, you would automatically gain access to many new games.

A reason why people don't like Plus is because of the content. Plus tries to give a game a week. Yet, people tend to be picky and rant whenever they give a bad game. Yes, some games have less quality than others. But people tend to forget this: a free game is better than no game.

A positive about Plus is the benifits. Plus tends to give members exclusives as well as discounts that are quite interesting. Yet, people at times disapprove when they let the same games be discounted many times. A recent addition to Plus, Closure, was a game that was discounted by Plus months ago. So some members are not happy about that.

If I were you, try to do some more homework to join Plus or not. In my opinion, I love Plus. Before Plus, I used to me so bored playing Modern Warefare 3 and Black Ops. But now I play an interesting variety o games and I am never bored. There is a decent variety for Vita as well. 

Basically, it depends on the person. If you think it's good, if you like what you see and if you are patient for a full game a moth, by all means, get it. Yet, if you are a bit picky and are not very patient, I recommend you to avoid Plus until you see something that catches your attention. But by all means, it is all based on your view of it and if it meets your needs and satisfaction.

Message 5 of 9 (140 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3284 posts

Feb 17, 2013

If you can manage to skip a hamburger a month then it is totally worth the price of admission. Smiley Very Happy Enjoy!

Message 6 of 9 (126 Views)
I Only Post Everything
1013 posts

Feb 17, 2013
I don't have a vita, but I think ps+ would be worth your money. You can get full psp and vita games with, and since you don't play much, it'd be cheaper to pay $50 and get the free games when you want, than to spend $20 - $40 per title at a retail store. Even if you only get 2 or 3 games per year, the service will pay for itself in the end.
My PSN
Message 7 of 9 (122 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
336 posts

Feb 17, 2013

One disadvantage to PS+ is not having the time to play all the free games. I have had it for about a year and have barely touched the PSN games (although I liked Renegade Ops). It does add to your backlog of games in a good way.

Welcome to forum board gsr2121!

Message 8 of 9 (118 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
25 posts

Feb 18, 2013

Buy a three month and try it out for youself. But in my honest opinion the best way to enjoy plus is to not use it a means to get free games or free content. Look at it as something extra you can look foward to once a week. Continue to buy whatever games you find interesting or capture you attention. If you rely on it as your main way to get content for you vita you will be dissapointed. Also the vita gets the least amount of offering. Essentially if you bought a three month you would get to own gravity rush and ninja guidain sigma  for 3 months which combined are about like 50 bucks in value. You trade in games alot after you beat them so you instantly saved around 30 bucks just by buying a 3 month vs actually paying for the games.

Message 9 of 9 (90 Views)
0 Likes