Sep 11, 2010

just buy an ATARI!

Message 62 of 79 (599 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: problem: ps3 not reading game disc

Oct 25, 2010

that happend to me before i was playing gta then it froze i reset it then the disc icon did'nt come up so i waited for about 4 hours then it still did'nt come up so i called  sony i gave the ps3 to them then i got  it back it works fine now still does

Message 63 of 79 (599 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
553 posts

Oct 25, 2010
BD drive is shot. You gotta get it replaced.
DarkAkatosh sig
Message 64 of 79 (599 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Nov 16, 2010

Mine just did the same thing - played black ops for 1 hour then the sound went off, system froze, restarted it now it wont read any disc  (audio, blu-ray or a game) - have tried cleaning drive etc, no joy. Just fitted a replacement drive which is tested working and my system will still not read discs !!!

I need some help please, I am currently formatting the hard drive as I notice that this has worked for some people , if this doesn't work then I am out of ideas.

It is a 3 year 60Gb console which hasn't missed a beat for 3 years till I played COD - is this a know problem ?

Message 65 of 79 (599 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Dec 5, 2010

I guess my ps3 can be added to the many failures I'm seeing. It's Only 10 months old. Was playing BlackOps when it froze and now it won't read any games. Everything else about it works fine-even plays dvd's. Called Sony and they walked me thru resetting system files. That didn't work and they said all I can do is pay 99 dollars for them to send a box to me to ship it in for repair. Could be two weeks or more .Really sucks! Just got GT5 too. If it is that BlueRay eye that blew would it still play dvd's I don't have any BlueRay discs to try. Those of you that still have a working ps3 are lucky. This problem is all over the internet  and with the money these things cost I think Sony needs to make it right with people. I mean like a recall or a credit toward a new one

Message 66 of 79 (599 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 22, 2011

I have sort of the same problem....

After a few months of owning the console, it started to not read some games (ex: MGS4, UFC Undisputed 2010, Dead Space), but would read 98% of the games i put in flawlessly, so, i didn't worry about it to much, because after ejecting the discs that it wouldn't read and putting them back in a few times, they would work. fast forward about 16 months. The system starts to do the same thing to other games to such as CoD BOps, and MW2, but would work after less tries of the ejection thing. Now, i can't get it to even read a DVD, and when it reads a game disc, it starts up, sits at a black screen for about 30 seconds, and then says that there was a failiure during the start operation, and to try agian. as any of you can tell, this is really f**king irritating. I have a 250 gig slim, with a 2 year warranty. As you may have already guessed, the warranty is stil active. I would call and have it replaced or refurbished, but i don't want to lose all of the games and addons i have gotten. i will try to go into recovery mode, and pick option #3, but if that doesn't work, i will either reply agian, or call Sony. if anyone has anyother ideas, please message me on my PSN, cause this is the first time if have been to the forum in about 6 months, and i doubt i will come agian anytime soon

Message 67 of 79 (599 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
64 posts

Jul 22, 2011
Message 68 of 79 (599 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Jul 23, 2011
I just fixed this problem. The problem seems to be that there are sensors under the bluray drive that may not be making contact with the base of the system. I have opened my unit before to fix a clicking noise. If you put very slight pressure over the area where the disk loads, your disk should begin being recognized.

I just tried to tighten my the screws on the back of the unit. (Sony has these screws on very tightly stock. There are lots of sensors that all need pressure on them to work properly, apparently)

Now that I have tightened the screws, every disk I enter loads like a charm

I just looked into this issue further. It was not the sensors that where being pressed when I put pressure on the unit. It was the cable that went from my bluray drive to the console that was being pushed. I removed the cable and reseated the cable (be damned careful if you try this. You have to lift a plastic flange and slide the cable out. I broke this flange and figured out that it holds the cable through compression and wedged it back on. So try not to break yours ;-) We'll see how long it last. I will reply with updates.

(I traded a ladder for a broken PS3 from Japan. Otherwise I would send it in to Sony as well.)

Message Edited by PDXTECK on 09-30-2007 10:46 AM

Message Edited by PDXTECK on 09-30-2007 10:55 AM

Message Edited by PDXTECK on 09-30-2007 10:57 AM
Message 69 of 79 (599 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Aug 23, 2012

did the same thing i was playing mw2 and it froze it wouldn't turn off and then i just unplugged it but does ure ps3 make a ejeckt type sound when you put a disc in there?

Message 70 of 79 (574 Views)
0 Likes