First Son
1 posts

Re: problem: ps3 not reading game disc

Feb 19, 2010

i also tried reformatting the hard drive as a first option, and it did in fact work.

make sure you back up al your save data and sync your trophies

Message 41 of 79 (377 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
15 posts

Mar 13, 2010

Man!  HOW DISAPPOINTING!  I found no help for my game discs not working or showing up after inserted and everyone said the SAME thing:  "Call Sony!  Duhhhhh"  When I called Sony Support they said "We currently have NO fix for this issue, so you'll have to send it in for repairs." So, not wanting to spend over $150 dollars, I fixed it myself.  here's how:

THIS WORKS ON 60GB MODEL

Problem:  When I put a blu-ray disc of any kind, be it a game or movie would not show up after I inserted it, but regular DVD's and PS2 discs showed up fine.

Solution:  Buy a Phillips CD lense cleaner, use it about 5 times to remove ALL dust and pollution.

That should work, BUT if it doesn't, then go to this website and follow the simple instructions and remove the top of your PS3 and use an air blower to blow out all the dust.  SONY SELLS GLORIFIED DUST COLLECTORS! OVER AN INCH THICK LAYER WAS CAKED INSIDE OF THE COVER!  Go here for comprehensive instructions on how to remove the top of PS3:  http://www.llamma.com/PS3/repair/PS3_disassembly_tutorial.htm   ***yOU HAVE TO REMOVE THE WARRANTY STICKER, BUT IF YOU'RE LIKE ME, I HAVE THE 60GB MODEL SO MY WARRANTY WAS EXPIRED ALREADY.***

Re-assemble the PS3 and insert a blu-ray disc and WHA-LA!  It works!  When all the dust is gone, you'll also notice a significant change in sound, it's so quiet!

Basically, Sony was going to charge me to insert a lense cleaner and give it a blow-job!  **bleep**!

***I just saved you $150+ YOU'RE WELCOME!***

Will Graham

psn-willgraham13

Message 42 of 79 (377 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Apr 6, 2010

Alright,

I was playing my MW2 a couple weeks ago. It required system update after I got it back from being fixed for not accepting a disk. So I begin to play. I go to bed , leaving it on, and I get up from sleeping to play 2 rounds then finally a TDM on Airport or whatever and it lags as game ends and freezes up. So I turn it off from the back switch and turn it on. With the blue light on the front saying a disk is inserted the Game section of the ps3 shows no disk reading. EPIC Fail. Please reply. ( Same with all ps3 games I have 80G system.)

Message 43 of 79 (377 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
27 posts

Apr 6, 2010
This is a massive problem right now that Sony has yet to honestly address. Mine is en-route to Sony now for repair. bye-bye $178 hard earned dollars.
Message 44 of 79 (377 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 14, 2010
My Ps3 Problem just started happening yesterday at first it froze for the first time then it froze and wouldnt read disks. Fumbling with it by putting in different disks worked eventually. but today after playing it now wont work for any disks. I am complaining and will read back if there are any options to do but I better not lose this system I wanted for so long I traded my 360 for this Ps3 and Its still on its 3 year warrenty... by like a year...
Message 45 of 79 (377 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 14, 2010

As of right now my ps3 is doing a full format because it stopped reading SOME games, strange I know.. I was playing FF XIII and in chapter 13 battle scenes stopped loading and I couldn't continue the story.
After I decided to play some MGS4 and the game would start fine but it wouldn't load my save. (constant black screen when loading)

But for some strange reason my ps3 plays infamous, COD:MW2, DVD's just fine. Hopefully this full format works. I've already had this same ps3 crap out on me and it wouldn't play anything I put in it.

Message 46 of 79 (377 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 26, 2010
I've got the same problem man. Same story... Have you found any solution yet? Have reformat worked?
Message 47 of 79 (377 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Apr 27, 2010
I was having this issue. CD, DVDs, BLU Ray movies worked. But games would never show up.

I just followed safe mode walk through. Step 3 rebuilding database seems to make it work. Pulled up the first ps3 game since the update.

Back in business WOOT! Back to praising Sony.
Message 48 of 79 (377 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
4 posts

Apr 30, 2010
I've tried rebuilding database and full reformat as well... It worked, but just for some time.. I've played 2 or 3 MW2 matches and it has gone frozen again ((
Message 49 of 79 (377 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

May 2, 2010

Wow you just specifically described what happened to me 1 hour ago. O.O

i opened mine cleaned lens and nothing. it is like 2 years old so i am going to re-try it and hope it works this time around.

Message 50 of 79 (377 Views)
0 Likes