Apr 13 2011
By: Fnredonkulous First Son 16 posts

please let me be invisable

12 replies 26 views Edited Apr 13, 2011

not like a MOD but more like messenger LOL, I love my friends.....thats why there on my friends list but........their are times that I am with my wife or daughter trying to score 90 or above on that madding dolphin ring game that is way to easy to be so hard lol, and I want my friends to not be able to see where I'm at or if i'm online sometimes....help!!!! Until I'm a guide and even then...I think I would like the option to hide every now and then LOL

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Message 1 of 13 (26 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
28240 posts

Re: please let me be invisable

Apr 13, 2011

1) To the OP, Guides cannot be invisible.

2) For the general public, the ability to be invisible will very likely be abused. Also, it goes against one of the main purposes of Home - socializing and interactivity within the PSN Community.

3) Simply inform your friends not to come to you or follow you just because you are in Home. They should have a reason or ask your permission to visit you. They should give you "space" and respect your decision not to be with them everytime you log in. If they are your true friends, they will be understanding.

The way you play the game is the way you live your life.

Message 2 of 13 (26 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Apr 13, 2011

They should is what is supposed to happen. and your right they should respect that. But what if they don't? do you delete them every time you want to be alone? Come on how much could an invisable to people button cost, lol not literally but like messanger show that your busy and not leave it up to them to bother u anyway

Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Message 3 of 13 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Apr 13, 2011

While I can't remember the exact term - there is an "away" option on your xmb that you can use on your individual profile.

Would be nice if we had a "please do not disturb" option as well. 

If you let your friends know that if/when they see that on your xmb profile - that they should not disturb you at that time.

One thing that gets to me is when I am on my PS3 - playing a game - and everytime one of my friends signs on to the network - it pops that little message in the upper right hand side of the screen - saying "x-person" has signed in.

It just happens to pop up in a spot that blocks a "map" option on one of my favorite games - and it is also a bit distracting - especially if you are in a serious "fight".  I would love to have an option that stops that from popping up.

JPConway

Message 4 of 13 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
358 posts

Apr 13, 2011

im sure if you use the commment option on XMB with Plz Donot Disturb text im sure people will get the hint....unless you have "Trolls" as friends,then you have a serious problem and they should be removed....

Totally agree with JP on the Sign In/Out Icon. I see it all the time when im in Netflix....it gets old....

Message 5 of 13 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5310 posts

Apr 13, 2011

Imagine spending 30 minutes trying to get the whale at the Sunset Yacht to do just the right thing in just the right place, then having an invite or a "Friend is online" message ruin the shot.

Yes, we need the ability to turn off those invite requests and notifications, along with the "You have a message" notifications. I have no problem with them 99% of the time, but they drive me insane that other 1%.

Follow me on Twitter:
twitter.com/hearitwow

Watch past episodes:
HomeCast at HomeStation Magazine

Message 6 of 13 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
291 posts

Apr 13, 2011

JPConway wrote:

While I can't remember the exact term - there is an "away" option on your xmb that you can use on your individual profile.

If you let your friends know that if/when they see that on your xmb profile - that they should not disturb you at that time.

One thing that gets to me is when I am on my PS3 - playing a game - and everytime one of my friends signs on to the network - it pops that little message in the upper right hand side of the screen - saying "x-person" has signed in.

It just happens to pop up in a spot that blocks a "map" option on one of my favorite games - and it is also a bit distracting - especially if you are in a serious "fight".  I would love to have an option that stops that from popping up.

JPConway

You CAN turn it off JP. I dont have my PS3 in front of me, but i believe its in your online or account options (it's been a while since i set mine to 'off'). Sorry that I cant be more helpful as to where to find it, but it's in there if you search around a bit. It makes a HUGE difference while gaming (or watching Netflix).

dont panic 2 400x136
Message 7 of 13 (26 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
32 posts

Apr 13, 2011

All the guy is saying is it would be nice to be invisible and not to show that ur online. I get what the guy is saying somtimes u jus either wanna be alone or need to get somthing done in Home without all ur friends followin.

Message 8 of 13 (26 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation Community Manager (Retired)
2875 posts

Apr 14, 2011

Actually, PSN notification can be turned off in the Settings on the XMB. As for the ability to have a "Do Not Disturb" option or simply an option to disallow friends from jumping to you, that's a Home feature request. Go ahead and bring it up in the Home Suggestions sub-forum. That is appropriate to stay in the Home forums.

Message 9 of 13 (26 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5047 posts

Apr 14, 2011

johneboy1970 wrote:

JPConway wrote:

JPConway

You CAN turn it off JP. I dont have my PS3 in front of me, but i believe its in your online or account options (it's been a while since i set mine to 'off'). Sorry that I cant be more helpful as to where to find it, but it's in there if you search around a bit. It makes a HUGE difference while gaming (or watching Netflix).

Thank You Johne - Someone was gracious enough to send me a PM via my PS3 - and it DOES make a Huge difference.

You forum people ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *well most of you *

JPConway

Message 10 of 13 (26 Views)
0 Likes