Apr 10 2013
By: JDM_doom First Son 3 posts

playstation vita remote play

7 replies 176 views Edited Apr 10, 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_tVl86B3Go

remote play is probally my biggest disapointment with my vita i bought the system a week ago and i knew getting into it many games werent supported by remote play but whats even the point if your letting people with custom firmware get the best out of the hardware i just want to hear from fellow vita owners on your perspective with hackers getting remote play while we get no support.

Message 1 of 8 (176 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
991 posts

Re: playstation vita remote play

Apr 10, 2013
Because even though it looks like everything works well for the ppl on cfw's , it still isn't working 100% and there are still glitches and hiccups in it. And Sony isn't going to release a feature that isn't 100% functional
Message 2 of 8 (161 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 10, 2013

But Sony did release it and its not 100 percent functional even just being on the xmb it lags and hiccup  have you seen how lair plays on it almost unplayable yet it is supported

Message 3 of 8 (146 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
13581 posts

Apr 10, 2013

JDM_doom wrote:

But Sony did release it and its not 100 percent functional even just being on the xmb it lags and hiccup  have you seen how lair plays on it almost unplayable yet it is supported

No, they just put the same remote play on it that the PSP had (which wasn't intended for gaming PS3 games)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 4 of 8 (141 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Apr 10, 2013

But come on can you not expect more with everything that you seen capable with remote play i mean even the president of Sony Yoshida was seen playing killzone 3 on the vita. this was almost two years ago yet we still have such limited capabilities with remote play.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/09/15/tgs-play-killzone-3-on-your-vita

I understand killzone was not promised I was just expecting more out of the feature especially when you see others who have it working.

i thought maybe we could put our voice together and get sony to expand on this.

Message 5 of 8 (115 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2609 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Well obviously Remote Play on PS3 is pretty bad and limited, but with PS4 Remote Play is a built-in function as oppose to a line of code from the game so it can Remote Play any PS4 game.

Deadly Neurotoxin!
 photo rsz_1rsz_11rsz_1000px-fpsword_zps44b9ca31.png
Message 6 of 8 (106 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10912 posts

Apr 10, 2013

Others have remote play working through CFW, as previously pointed out.  What those videos fail to illustrate is how laggy that remote play connection is, since in most cases, the connection has not been properly optimized for the specific game being shown.

The major reason that RP hasn't been more widely released is the fact that a remote play connection over the internet simply does not work well.  Even the fastest connections are not capable of delivering a satisfactory RP experience, mostly due to the fact the PS3 is limited by the UPLOAD speed of the home connection, which is, in turn, the DOWNLOAD limit for the PS Vita.  Even if the Vita is connected to a Gigabit connection, it is limited by the upload speed of your home connection (which is less than 2Mbps in most cases).

You can try yourself and see if it works.  ALL PSOne classics are remotely playable.  When you are sitting at McDonalds with your Vita, fire up remote play, connect to your PS3 and start up Crash Bandicoot.  I guarantee you will not be able to escape the beach without using at least one continue due to control lag.

Message 7 of 8 (105 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
First Son
22 posts

Apr 10, 2013
All PS4 games should be compatible with Remote Play.
And what I've read on the internet is that remote play will be built-in in the PS4's OS. Meaning you could play any PS4 games on your Vita on the go with an online connection.
I sure hope it's true.
Message 8 of 8 (103 Views)
0 Likes