Jan 27 2012
By: SONIC2K2 Splicer 74 posts

playstation vita first edition bundle sold in stores?

8 replies 47 views Edited Jan 27, 2012

Will the Playstation Vita First Edition Bundle be sold in stores or online only? Can I walk into my Walmart on 2/15 and buy it or do I have to have it shipped to me?

Message 1 of 9 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Re: playstation vita first edition bundle sold in stores?

Jan 27, 2012

SONIC2K2 wrote:

Will the Playstation Vita First Edition Bundle be sold in stores or online only? Can I walk into my Walmart on 2/15 and buy it or do I have to have it shipped to me?

not sure if stores will but I am sure that you will not be able to just pick up the first edition bundle its only for people who preordered it. you maybe able to preorder it and pick it up at your gamestop.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 2 of 9 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Jan 27, 2012

Wallmart has the preorder and pick up at your store policy. You might be able to preorder online then pickup at your nearest Wallmart store on the 15th. 

Message 3 of 9 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4114 posts

Jan 27, 2012

It depends on the store, maybe. For instance at our Best Buy, I do know that when you "pre-order" in the actual store you are not "paying ahead" just usually a $5 layout for each thing, then on that day you have ticket to guarantee getting it, sometime they have the stuff in the back, sometimes it's out on the shelves. Depends what it is. But you can just present your "ticket(s)" and they'll get it for you, in any case.

BB online, you have to pay the whole thing upfront, but you can get in-store pickup.

Walk in and buy one? It depends. Why not just get one from a pre-order in-store with less to put down, and guarantee product?

Message 4 of 9 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 27, 2012

this is why I say you can't just walk in and get it.

http://us.playstation.com/psvita/systems/first-edition-bundle.html

""Claim your PS Vita one week before the official release date. Become one of the first to discover the new ways to play the biggest and best games with the PlayStation®Vita First Edition Bundle. Take on your friends—or the whole world—by connecting to AT&T's Mobile Broadband Network. For a limited time, get the PS Vita 3G/Wi-Fi System plus a 4GB memory card, a limited edition case, Little Deviants, and pick up your system one week early.""

it is a limited time deal so you can not just walk in and pick it up unless you already preordered it.

then there is the blog take on it.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/10/27/get-your-hands-on-ps-vita-early-with-the-first-edition-bun...

""Hey PlayStation Vita fans! How would you like to get your hands on PS Vita one week before the official release date of February 22nd? After last Tuesday’s announcement of the PS Vita launch date, we are excited to bring more PS Vita news your way with the introduction of the PS Vita First Edition bundle.  We’ve decided to give our most loyal fans an opportunity to own a PS Vita before everyone else. For a limited time in the U.S. and Canada, the PS Vita First Edition bundle will be pre-sold at select retail locations, starting today.""

limited time also is saying you can just go and pick it up.

so yeah you can't just walk in and pick it up.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 5 of 9 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Jan 27, 2012

LOL, that "limited time" clause doesn't seem very limited.

I expected the pre-order window to last a few weeks, but man, you can still pre-order.  Further, I'm willing to bet that if there's a surplus of First Edition Bundles, Sony will allow the stores to shelf them.  It's not worth the effort or cost to ship them back to the distribution center to be broken down and turned into regular 3G packages.

Still, once the initial allotment is sold... that's it.

Message 6 of 9 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Jan 27, 2012

QuantumPSI wrote:

LOL, that "limited time" clause doesn't seem very limited.

I expected the pre-order window to last a few weeks, but man, you can still pre-order.  Further, I'm willing to bet that if there's a surplus of First Edition Bundles, Sony will allow the stores to shelf them.  It's not worth the effort or cost to ship them back to the distribution center to be broken down and turned into regular 3G packages.

Still, once the initial allotment is sold... that's it.

they are only going to get what they have ordered no more. the extra's are most likely going to be used for the Taco bell promotion.

so if no one preorderd it then the store will not have them shipped.

what your going by is very subjective. it only would be on the shelf if someone orderd it then it came and they desided not to buy it on the 15th or someone bought it picked it up and returned it. thoughs things are not common. I see more buying them then selling them online for extra profit. the odds of them hanging out in the store is very low.

Message 7 of 9 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
231 posts

Jan 27, 2012

I understand where you're coming incag, but I really think that depends on how long their "limited time" means.

If they take pre-orders up to Feb 14th, and all the sudden, they get an extra 20 orders on the last day, they're not going to have time to pre-order more to match the demand exactly.  In this case, I'd be willing to bet that they would have an allotment.

But who knows, we'll see what happens.

Message 8 of 9 (47 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Last Guardian
12008 posts

Jan 27, 2012

QuantumPSI wrote:

I understand where you're coming incag, but I really think that depends on how long their "limited time" means.

If they take pre-orders up to Feb 14th, and all the sudden, they get an extra 20 orders on the last day, they're not going to have time to pre-order more to match the demand exactly.  In this case, I'd be willing to bet that they would have an allotment.

But who knows, we'll see what happens.

i am pretty sure each store will recieve an alotment of units... it has already been said that some best buy locations has already sold out of their alotment of units...

>

Message 9 of 9 (47 Views)
0 Likes