Jan 21 2013
By: corr0126 I Only Post Everything 1030 posts

playstation plus trial for vita?

5 replies 192 views Edited Jan 21, 2013

I'm on the fence on this service and, before I go and spend $50 on a year's sub, I would like to give this a try, for at least one month to see if I like, where can I find a trial sign up page or a code of some sort?

Message 1 of 6 (192 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Re: playstation plus trial for vita?

Jan 21, 2013
Do you have a PS3? I'd say it would be worth it if you also have a PS3, if you only have a Vita, I wouldn't recommend it. Most of the value is in the 12 game PS3 IGC which gets updated more frequently.

If you don't have a PS3 and are thinking about getting one I say Pre-Order the new White Super Slim console. It comes with 1 year of Playstation Plus and it has a 500GB hard drive for $299. You're pretty much getting a year of Plus for free and that HDD size is bomb.
Message 2 of 6 (184 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1030 posts

Jan 21, 2013

FidelityNy wrote:
Do you have a PS3? I'd say it would be worth it if you also have a PS3, if you only have a Vita, I wouldn't recommend it. Most of the value is in the 12 game PS3 IGC which gets updated more frequently.

If you don't have a PS3 and are thinking about getting one I say Pre-Order the new White Super Slim console. It comes with 1 year of Playstation Plus and it has a 500GB hard drive for $299. You're pretty much getting a year of Plus for free and that HDD size is bomb.

I don't have and I don't want a ps3, I just want to try out the service but there seems to be no trial available. Also why does everyone keep telling me to spend $200 on a service that I want to try before I buy, it defeats the purpose of me wanting to try it out before I buy

Message 3 of 6 (177 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Jan 21, 2013
Point blank, you must spend money to "try" the service. You're asking to try a service that isn't free, one month trials come with the purchase of a Playstation product. A 3 month subscription is $18, trials are stackable, so very few, if any, people are going to give you one.

There isn't anything to try. You're getting 6 games to start with, all free to play as long as your subscription is active, from there you get more free games whenever they remove a game and add one. You also get cloud saves and if they've already added the feature to the Vita you also get automatic updates.

As I said before, don't bother with the service if you're getting it for just your Vita, that's my input. Good luck.
Message 4 of 6 (173 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
889 posts

Jan 21, 2013

You also get weekly discounts on games. There's not really anything to "try out:" Look at what games are available, check what gamesd have been available in the past and then decide if it's worth it.

Right now it's best to have a PS3 for Plus. The service is still relatively new for the Vita so give it time. I'm very pleased with Plus so far.

photo wizard_zps4173ab5c.png
Message 5 of 6 (169 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jan 21, 2013

corr0126 wrote:

I'm on the fence on this service and, before I go and spend $50 on a year's sub, I would like to give this a try, for at least one month to see if I like, where can I find a trial sign up page or a code of some sort?

Sony doesn't generally give free trials to PS+. You can always purchase a one month trial code on eBay, or buy a 3 month subscription for $18....

Message 6 of 6 (165 Views)
0 Likes