MVP Support
9571 posts

Re: playstation plus = shafted?

Jan 27, 2013

As others have stated, it is a subscription service.  That means you get new stuff each month or so.  It's not intended to be a service where you pay once and get your money's worth immediately.  Between the 'free' games and the discounts, though, your year of PS+ will have paid for itself by the second or third month and even quicker than that if you take advantage of all the discounts offered (which you keep regardless of your subscription status).

As others have also stated, if you only have a Vita, you could make a case that it is really not worth it...  yet, but you do get the cloud storage (which is a separate cloud from the PS3 cloud) and automatic updates (if you leave your Vita on standby all night), and those features alone make it well worth it to some people.

The Vita content offered so far has already been covered.  Some highlights from the PS3 'full game' offerings over the past year or so:

Darksiders

LittleBigPlanet 2

Far Cry 2

inFamous 2

Just Cause 2

Tomb Raider: Underworld

Starhawk (Single Player w/Multiplayer available at a discount)

Bioshock 2

Ratchet & Clank All4One

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition

Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine

Message 31 of 38 (140 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
11248 posts

Jan 28, 2013

vitapower999 wrote:

sigh....

getting back to this poor guys idea pease.

in the usa there are 3  top priced games to get for the period then  the games expire.

correct me if im wrong but there are about 9 discounted games, 3 full priced games and

three games under 15. in australia it cost $80 for 12 months. in the usa its  $50

at that price i guess its ok value, in australia we only get 2 full priced games. so its bad value

i guess like jon said its designed for a ps3 and vita user where you get 18 games at less than $5 a month.

((im sorry your thread turned to crap dude but they can be likened to pitbulls))

After having read a few of your posts I have to say that you aren't making yourself any friends here by attacking and insulting people straight off the bat. Some posters here are hostile by nature, not much can be done about it. However the bulk of the posters here give what they receive. If you start off with insults, it gets ugly real quick. But hey, it's the internet, feel free to be an E-thug if you wish. Just don't get upset when others call you out for it. Personally I take offense at being called a pitbull. I'm much worse than a pitbull. Perhaps a rabid wolverine with a toothache?

Each region has their own content. Often there is some solid cross over but sometimes one region gets a much better deal for the month than other regions do. If you are not a PS 3 owner then you will not be obtaining the full value of PS +. Now bear in mind as well that for the first 9 months there was no PS + for the Vita.

In my opinion if you are only signing up for 3 months here and 3 months there then you aren't getting the full value of your subscription, even if you are only getting PS + on 1 system. I've had PS+ for 18 months, primarily on the PS 3. The recent PS+ for the Vita didn't do me much good since I already had Uncharted and while I did download Gravity Rush it turned out to be a bland adventure for me.

Honestly the real value to PS+ is not the free games, it's the discounted games. Don't mistake me, freebies are great, but if you should happen to let your PS+ subscription lapse, then  you lose access to those free games until you renew. (Not all that much of a deal if you've already played and completed those free games.) But the discounted games stick around regardless of your PS+ subscription. With the games I've bought at a discount, I've more than recovered the cost of my subscription. Let alone when you add in the freebies.

In the end only you can determine it's value. If you feel it sucks, well then nobody here will be able to convince you otherwise since you've made up your mind.

Message 32 of 38 (119 Views)
Lombax Warrior
178 posts

Jan 28, 2013

You're only shafted if you really have been or are feeling shafted!  Smiley LOL

Need to scratch that retro need you have?Try Video 61!
We're at: www.atarisales.com and video61@tcq.net
We can fill every Atari or etc need be it sales or service. Smiley Happy

Formerly known as PSP509 and JediKnight509 on the PSP Forum and PSN Leaderboards! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Video Gamer Extraodinaire!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Message 33 of 38 (117 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
9 posts

Jan 28, 2013
I too feel as if Sony shafted me but for different reasons, I thought playstation plus was a fantastic deal until I started seeing what they give playstation plus Europe. They get way better games and more of them each month like Batman(we got a sale price on this one a month later), Mortal Kombat, and Sleeping Dogs(Feb), just to name a few. Sure we get more to start off with , they get nine games to start off with the instant game collection, but most of our games are throw away games I will not play for more than a few minutes like retro city rampage, bomberman, and fuzzball, NBA Jam. I'm thinking when my subscription expires I will just let it go and never come back beings Sony loves Americans alot less than Europeans

That is how I feel
Message 34 of 38 (111 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 29, 2013

Edit because JuanMop was correct, I was thinking of Jetpack Joyride, the two games have nearly similiar names.

This is why people need to DOWNLOAD ALL GAMES THAT ARE FREE, even if you don't plan on playing them right away, then it stays in your list permanently if you ever need to reinstall your Vita, upgrade your memory card, or sell a physical copy that gets offered to plus.

The games offered at launch, most people already had, as they were the better PSVita games, however, digital copies don't need a game card to run, and if you have 2 Vita's, you and a friend can play at the same time(Wipeout the other Vita will need a separate account if you care about multiplayer, 2 PSVita's with the same account cannot play online)

Final Fantasy Tactics War of the Lions is a remake of the PS1 Final Fantasy Tactics, and it's really good.    Chronovolt is a laugh to the community, much like 80% of the mini's Sony offered for free, that we would never touch otherwise.   Foosball is a throwaway game and Retro City Rampage was a decent game, but it'll only last so long.

Playstation Plus is a MUCH better deal than Xbox Live is.   Instead of RENTING the ability to play online, you are RENTING optional free games, which more than offset the cost of Playstation Plus.  On top of that, some games offered free, you get to keep permanently, others, are rented, if you get a game half off, 75% off, even 1 cent, it's permanent.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Subscribe to my Youtube page!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono?feature=mhee
Message 35 of 38 (79 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2536 posts

Jan 29, 2013

BShornock wrote:

Jet Set Radio was NEVER included in Playstation Plus.  It was simply free for a few weeks, much like Motorstorm was during the Scion promotion about a month after launch, maybe a little less.

JSR was included in PS+. It was free for Dec. to PS+ users much like FFT:WoT was. Neither of those games made it into January, not unlike it happens with PS3 free games. Some content stays, some is recycled. But JSR was definitely a part of the initial PS+ offer of PSV games~.

Message 36 of 38 (73 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
252 posts

Jan 29, 2013

You are correct, I got my jet names mixed up, edited to reduce confusion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Please Subscribe to my Youtube page!
https://www.youtube.com/user/HollywoodShono?feature=mhee
Message 37 of 38 (64 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
6568 posts

Jan 29, 2013

ColdNinjaProLive wrote:

i got playstation plus after a lot of vita games were removed from the list and now i feel there was no point  by ps plus i love gravity rush and uncharted but that is it. So i feel like i wasted time and i got shafted. I got psplus when i got my vita on christmas day.

Sorry  you feel that way,just  know games  come and go  so other  titles can be put up or in the  game section from time to  time..

But heres a good part to smile about most of those  games will come dwn a s discount later on or might re appear later on. So dont hold out hope.

Mcbuttz78

vp-psn legioniaree group.

Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past, Wisdom is of the future

Message 38 of 38 (49 Views)
0 Likes