Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 09 2009
By: onthehouse21 First Son 3 posts

playstation network timed out w/ wireless router connection

6 replies 270 views Edited Dec 9, 2009

Whenever i attempt to sign-in the psn, it always says that the connection timed out. so when i go to the networks settings, i put everything in correctly but when i test it obtains the ip address, establishes internet connection but the playstation network always fails. imm not entirely sure what to do. i use the wireless connection which doesnt work and ive tried wired which also doesnt work and is a hassle to set up. i use a Netgear WNDR3700 router (supposedly the best for online gaming) but im not sure how to change settings so that the psn will succeed. please post pictures if possible. 

thank you 

Message 1 of 7 (270 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
16 posts

Re: playstation network timed out w/ wireless router connection

Dec 9, 2009

Sounds like I am getting the same error message.

Playstation's Twitter said "Routine PSN maintenance has been completed today. If you had connection issues, all is back to normal."  So maybe it's not all back to normal yet?

korchie44
Message 2 of 7 (270 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 13, 2010

onthehouse21 wrote:

Whenever i attempt to sign-in the psn, it always says that the connection timed out. so when i go to the networks settings, i put everything in correctly but when i test it obtains the ip address, establishes internet connection but the playstation network always fails. imm not entirely sure what to do. i use the wireless connection which doesnt work and ive tried wired which also doesnt work and is a hassle to set up. i use a Netgear WNDR3700 router (supposedly the best for online gaming) but im not sure how to change settings so that the psn will succeed. please post pictures if possible. 

thank you 

im having the same problem but i got tolled that ist to many things using internet i tried it and it doesnt work and its relly anoying i think its because i just did a update iv eny one knows send a message to (kcscreed69)

Message 3 of 7 (270 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
3 posts

Jul 13, 2010

kcscreed69 u are so cool can u help me in call of duty 6 ur so good

Message 4 of 7 (270 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jan 16, 2013

The same thing happens to me!  When i try signing in, it takes a while and says " Your sony entertainment network" has timed out! I tried to do alot but nothing helps!

Message 5 of 7 (240 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Jan 16, 2013
I'm getting this too. I dont know if its my ps3, my connection, or if this is on Sonys end.

This is truly infuriating. I have never loved and hated a console so much in my life.
Message 6 of 7 (236 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
48845 posts

[ Edited ]
Jan 16, 2013

Have you all tried to see if it will work wired?   If it has no trouble wired then its your wireless router settings or distance from the PS3 timing you out.  

The good old stand by things to try (in order)

1)  Unplug both your modem and router for 5 minutes

2)  Shut off your PS3
3) Plug your router back in

4) wait one minute then plug your router back in

5) turn on your PS3

Do that and try logging in, if you still get errors post the exact error message and I'll TRY to help (i'm not an expert but i've had to fix mine a few times)

Message 7 of 7 (233 Views)
0 Likes