Jul 17 2012
By: NASCAR-PC Lombax Warrior 160 posts

playstation display in a 40" size

10 replies 99 views Edited Jul 17, 2012

I think that sony should make there playstation 3D display in a bigger size what you think?   I am doing this because the blog.share is not working.

Message 1 of 11 (99 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: playstation display in a 40" size

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2012

.......Buy a 40" HDTV.......

Most people who play video games tend to not use large screens because the typically the larger the screen the more prominent the input lag becomes. The average person who plays video games use screens that are between 24-30" and anyone who plays games on larger screens dont spend much time playing games.

Like I said, more hardcore gamers play on small screens because of the input lag. Not even these massive high tech TV's with all processing turned off and Game Mode enabled, doesnt eliminate all of the input lag.

For Sony to offer a 24" gaming monitor specifically for gaming, they had to do a lot of research to arrive with the end result of offering a small-ish sized screen.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 11 (91 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
43 posts

Jul 17, 2012

i have 32 inch bravia what and it works perfectly

Message 3 of 11 (88 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8191 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:
....anyone who plays games on larger screens dont spend much time playing games....

Hey, I play a lot of games on my 42" Magnavox.

Sure it's not high end, but it lacks a lot of the image enhancements the high end sets have. I don't "feel" any input lag compared to my 24" monitor which I used to play games on.

My only complaint on it is that odd single dead pixel, but most of the time I don't really see it. Oh, and the inbuilt speakers broke and stopped working for some reason, so I have computer speakers for it.

Message 4 of 11 (85 Views)
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jul 17, 2012

NASCAR-PC wrote:

I think that sony should make there playstation 3D display in a bigger size what you think?   I am doing this because the blog.share is not working.

The 24" PlayStation 3D display was a commercial failure. It was way overpriced (at $500) and there was a significant amount of this product that was defective. They are now being clearenced at $200 at Best Buy. There is no chance that Sony will make another PlayStation specific 3DTV.

It is far more cost effective to buy a larger 3DTV that you like that fits your pricepoint. You can buy a decent 40" 3DTV for as low as $700...

Message 5 of 11 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Survivor
2504 posts

Jul 17, 2012
I wouldn't say clearanced. That's just the regular price everywhere now. Perhaps, in the long run $500 was too much, but when it was announced last year people praised it's $500 price point.
U R Not e . Enos Lives . PLAY B3YOND . ixnine . I love Nariko! . WipEout . Home . PlayStation Network . Tearaway . the Last of Us
Message 6 of 11 (78 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Jul 17, 2012
I have a a 46" Smiley Very Happy
Message 7 of 11 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2012

Doppelgangergang wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:
....anyone who plays games on larger screens dont spend much time playing games....

Hey, I play a lot of games on my 42" Magnavox.

Sure it's not high end, but it lacks a lot of the image enhancements the high end sets have. I don't "feel" any input lag compared to my 24" monitor which I used to play games on.

My only complaint on it is that odd single dead pixel, but most of the time I don't really see it. Oh, and the inbuilt speakers broke and stopped working for some reason, so I have computer speakers for it.

You and I have very different references to a "large" screen..... 40" range is average. For me LARGE is anything 60" or more

Furiously Chaosing
Message 8 of 11 (73 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Jul 17, 2012

ixnine wrote:
I wouldn't say clearanced. That's just the regular price everywhere now. Perhaps, in the long run $500 was too much, but when it was announced last year people praised it's $500 price point.

I'm certain it is being clearenced, since it is 60% less the the original price 9 months ago, and it probably costs more than $200 to manufacture.

$500 was a good price point had it launched last summer, but by the time it came out the other 3DTVs came down in price to the point where the PS3 3D display was expensive in comparison....

Message 9 of 11 (72 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7101 posts

[ Edited ]
Jul 17, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

.......Buy a 40" HDTV.......

Most people who play video games tend to not use large screens because the typically the larger the screen the more prominent the input lag becomes. The average person who plays video games use screens that are between 24-30" and anyone who plays games on larger screens dont spend much time playing games. 

Maybe if you play professionally you'd want a small TV, but I don't know anyone who plays on a TV smaller than 40 inches.  Mine is 42 inches and I've never had a problem with input lag.  I play Rock Band on it just fine, and there are few games that require such precise timing.  I say pick the TV that looks best to you.

Edit: Well, you posted a reply while I was writing/before I refreshed, and you said, "You and I have very different references to a "large" screen..... 40" range is average. For me LARGE is anything 60" or more."  

But in your original post you said the average gamer uses "screens that are between 24-30" and anyone who plays games on larger screens dont spend much time playing games. "  So I think you can see why we'd be confused by your post.

Message 10 of 11 (70 Views)
0 Likes