Nov 07 2012
By: ltlblusmrf First Son 1 posts

playing ac 3 online

1 replies 56 views Edited Nov 7, 2012

Ok, so the school i go to recently unblocked all gaming systems so people could get online whenever they want. However my ps3 can

only play black ops online. Last year I tried to play bf3 and u3 online but they never worked. I talked to the it department and they said

everything should be working. Well it isnt, and i want to play my freaking game and assassinate some noobs!!!  o i don't 

the upnp is activated. not sure if that matters and we arent allowed to have our own routers. Any thoughts?

Message 1 of 2 (56 Views)
MVP Support
18808 posts

Re: playing ac 3 online

[ Edited ]
Nov 7, 2012

|Welcome to the PS Community.

The reason the games are not working is due to firewall blocking the necessary ports. I don't think the SysAdmin will allow UPnP network wide, but if they do, then you have to enable UPnP on the PS3. Try it out.

If enabling UPnP doesn't make much a difference then you will have to talk to your SysAdmin at the IT department and ask him/them to open some ports for you. They are in control of the school's network so they know what goes in and out. Present your problem to them and ask them if they can open the following ports for your IP address. The following are the ports necessary for the PS3 to communicate with the PSN & SCEA game servers. Games from other publishers like BF3 might require extra ports.

TCP Ports: 80, 443, 465, 983, 5223, and 10070 - 10080
UDP Ports: 3478, 3479,  3658, and 10070

7FXb|Thunderstorm Summer[Twitter] @SevenFactors Welcoming Committee 2.0 MVP
Message 2 of 2 (45 Views)