Apr 25 2013
By: MrSlackER18 First Son 2 posts

oculus rift support for the ps4

27 replies 380 views Edited Apr 25, 2013

Haven't search too much in the message boards but has anyone else seen any talks about oculus rift support for the PS4? I have been dreaming about a day when I could have my own virtual headset playing my favorite console game (I know they're available for PC, but I love the thought of turning on my PS4 and playing Battlefield 4 using the oculus rift) and using a controller while I'm sitting in my living room.

Message 1 of 28 (380 Views)
Big Daddy
16827 posts

Re: oculus rift support for the ps4

Apr 25, 2013

MrSlackER18 wrote:

Haven't search too much in the message boards but has anyone else seen any talks about oculus rift support for the PS4? I have been dreaming about a day when I could have my own virtual headset playing my favorite console game (I know they're available for PC, but I love the thought of turning on my PS4 and playing Battlefield 4 using the oculus rift) and using a controller while I'm sitting in my living room.

the thing is still being developed...... theres a lot to the device that still needs improvement. 

its too early to tell what platforms will support it.

We'll likely won't see anything for another year.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 28 (375 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Apr 25, 2013

gR3yGh051 wrote:

MrSlackER18 wrote:

the thing is still being developed...... theres a lot to the device that still needs improvement. 

C'mon man obviously its gonna be available on PCs or are you that naive to think it won't be I don't know.  I do totally agree that it does still need a lot of fine tuning for sure and b/c of that it very well could be made to work with the next gen systems.  We'll have to wait and see 

Message 3 of 28 (359 Views)
Big Daddy
16827 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Mantiskilla wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

MrSlackER18 wrote:

C'mon man obviously its gonna be available on PCs or are you that naive to think it won't be I don't know.  I do totally agree that it does still need a lot of fine tuning for sure and b/c of that it very well could be made to work with the next gen systems.  We'll have to wait and see 

Its not naivete.... its common sense... what if this will ONLY be on PC? What if later on down the road they bring it to consoles? or they adapte arcade machines with it? There is zero information about it.... so far developers are just "playing" with it....

Theres no telling where this will lead as its too early to make that distinction.... yes many people are looking forward to it.....

Furiously Chaosing
Message 4 of 28 (342 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
122 posts

Apr 26, 2013

Al

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Mantiskilla wrote:

gR3yGh051 wrote:

MrSlackER18 wrote:

Its not naivete.... its common sense... what if this will ONLY be on PC? What if later on down the road they bring it to consoles? or they adapte arcade machines with it? There is zero information about it.... so far developers are just "playing" with it....

Theres no telling where this will lead as its too early to make that distinction.... yes many people are looking forward to it.....

Alright then I hear ya.  I guess the way I should have read your platform quote is that you didn't count PC as a platform while I did.  I guess that's where our disconnect was.

Message 5 of 28 (316 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
303 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 4, 2013

Even the creator of oculus rift is open to console support he's just waiting on the big 3 to make a business proposal & on top of that  oculus rift beats sony's new HMZ-T2 3D visor in performance,quality & affoardability hands down!

OculusRift1.jpgmindsarelikeparachutes.jpg

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1523379957/oculus-rift-step-into-the-game/posts

Cheers Gamers & Happy Gaming!

Message 6 of 28 (272 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
303 posts

[ Edited ]
Sep 5, 2013

Dear sony moderators if you happen to pass this forum post please pass along the request to support oculus rift with playstatyion 4 & at least exclusive playstation games but if possible also support on playstation 3 & it's exclusives too?

Thank You!

Message 7 of 28 (259 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
367 posts

Sep 5, 2013

jus to make sure u wont get a neck injury usin it :3

Message 8 of 28 (243 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8172 posts

Sep 5, 2013

I don't think we'll ever see Oculus Rift on any consoles.

That's because the guys at Oculus VR, bewilderingly, decided to focus on Mobile rather than Consoles.

I don't see how one person can strap this one on their face while travelling and on the move and such. Smiley Indifferent

Message 9 of 28 (239 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
303 posts

Sep 6, 2013
What made you come to that conclusion?

Message 10 of 28 (214 Views)
0 Likes