Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
First Son
26 posts

Re: ngp to start at $250 for wifi only version and lineup of ngp

Mar 24, 2011

"i woudln't say it's the market.. but  the current economy is a  factor..

we will see  how NGP will do when it's finally out..

since some stated that gas will hit $5 a gallon  by the summer.. etc..  at $5 a gallon for gas..  i would say NGP will be  launching on DROUGHT time !!!   and if the price tag is high??..   good  luck with moving a lot of systems.."

The current economy is quite good. Infact many buisness market place magazines say that the recession is over. Aka our economy is in the money. The only thing I might agree with you on is gas prices. The only factor here is really trend. 3d is a new trend and will take a few years to become popular in other markets such as gaming . Hd is a trend that has been around for a long time now and has become popular aka hd is a good key to sales. But you are right it all comes down to it's launch.

Message 10 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Mar 26, 2011

Meh. Surveys don't really mean very much and I am not banking (<---- Ha! You like that pun?!) on the price for either model to be this or that. Honestly, we can talk about the possibility of a price until we're blue in the face and what we all want. But all that matters is when Sony comes forward and actually announces the price.

If you know anything about Sony's history/past with this 'pricing' thing then you know enough to not rely on any type of 'reliable source for info. Just go ahead and do some research about the months prior to the release of the PS3 and see all the craziness that went on about it's pricing.

Message 11 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Mar 26, 2011

herokid1234 wrote:

"i woudln't say it's the market.. but  the current economy is a  factor..

we will see  how NGP will do when it's finally out..

since some stated that gas will hit $5 a gallon  by the summer.. etc..  at $5 a gallon for gas..  i would say NGP will be  launching on DROUGHT time !!!   and if the price tag is high??..   good  luck with moving a lot of systems.."

The current economy is quite good. Infact many buisness market place magazines say that the recession is over. Aka our economy is in the money. The only thing I might agree with you on is gas prices. The only factor here is really trend. 3d is a new trend and will take a few years to become popular in other markets such as gaming . Hd is a trend that has been around for a long time now and has become popular aka hd is a good key to sales. But you are right it all comes down to it's launch.

Where exactly did you read this information?  Housing market is still struggling, businesses are still closing, and people are still losing their jobs.  The recession is not over.

Message 12 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Mar 26, 2011

here is the evidence that proves the recession is over

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/johncassidy/2010/09/is-the-recession-really-over.html

aka the recession has been over since 2009 as the article says. Thats why hd gaming is booming because people have money to buy hd tvs and hd devices such as the ps3 or in a high chance, the ngp has a very good chance of winning over 3ds. Even though I definetly assure you there is doubt that ngp may or may not win the 7.5 generation of gaming.

Message 13 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Mar 26, 2011

I just wanted to add some news I  forgot to mention in my first  post that gamestop, a few weeks or so ago, was taking orders for the regular model of the ngp (3g version) for $299 ($300).  And for those of you who want to know where I got this info about the prices for my first post. Here they are the website links

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108522-Ubisoft-Survey-May-Reveal-Sony-NGP-Price

http://playstationlifestyle.net/2011/03/16/ubisoft-survey-hints-at-ngp-price-point/

http://www.psu.com/Ubisoft-survey-estimates-NGP-price-at-$250---$350--a011012-p0.php

Message 14 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
161 posts

Mar 27, 2011

Just because Gamestop is taking preorders for a certain price doesn't mean a thing. That does not mean that will be the price. All you are doing by paying that amount is 'reserving' yourself a NGP but will most likely have to pay the difference of the cost, once the actual price has been released by Sony.

And again, surveys mean nothing. And this info has been posted many times before but it still doesn't change the fact that the price is NOT set until Sony OFFICIALLY releases the price.

Message 16 of 16 (4 Views)
0 Likes