Mar 26 2011
By: herokid1234 First Son 26 posts

ngp rumored to start at $250 for wifi only version and lineup of ngp

15 replies 14 views Edited Mar 26, 2011

I'm sure many of you have heard about the ngp aka psp2 by now. Many sites and a recent survey from ubisoft say that there is two different models of the ngp. One that has both 3g and wifi and another with just only wifi. From Ubisoft's survey about the ngp, it says that the 3g version will be $350 and the wifi only version will be $250. Many of you will imediatly say that's expensive, let me point out how absolutely cheap $250. For an hd portable device that plays the graphics of a ps3 in full quality , with a touchscreen, touch pad, two analogs,gps, thats quite cheap. I remember when the iphone first came out, it was about $600 for a regular model. I myself will be getting a ngp.

I'll now show you what I know of it's lineup from the reveal videos of the ngp, if you know any games I don't know about that are part of the confirmed ngp lineup please post it.

Little deviants

metal gear solid 4

little big panet 2

call of duty modern warfare 3

monster hunter 3 (also for psp1)

yakuza 4

uncharted:drakes fortune

killzone 2

resistance:fall of man

Although I didn't list all of the confirmed games because I can't remember them all at this moment, I would like to show you games that could possibly theoreticly be in the ngp lineup. Note that these are not confirmed games of the ngp lineup.

God of war3, metal gear solid rising, ratchet and clank all 4 one, battlefeild 3, the last gaurdian, granturismo 5, grand theft auto 4

hopefully you guys could think of more games then me that could be in the ngp lineup. I forgot to mention this but the ngp plays psp1 games in downloadable versions .

Message 15 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
376 posts

Re: ngp to start at $250 for wifi only version and lineup of ngp

Mar 24, 2011

I'd pay $250 for it, but I hope I'd get a pack-in game or a PSN card with that.  It's a reasonable price to pay.

$350 for 3G is not really reasonable though... maybe it'll be available on some contracts through mobile network operators or something.  Actually... that's a thought... NGP could do really well if it ships on data contracts from mobile networks.  They could sell it for $0 if it had a monthly data plan, skype, and a decent browser.  That would be huge.

Anyway... I won't pay $350 for it.  $299 would be my upper limit with some 3G or Next G data capability.  I didn't even buy a PS3 until it came down to $299

PityTheFool852

☆ Click to learn about the Japan Relief Fund on PS Store details ☆

Even if you can't donate to the fund yourself, please tell everyone you know on PSN about it, and mention it in your forum signatures Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Mar 24, 2011

you make a good point and I'm sure it will do mobile contracts as you have stated  as sony is doing stuff with other 3g providers in japan mentioned in the ngp reval. I'm surer they'll do something with at and t , sprint, verizon , crickett, and other known american networks. I would think that the 3g +wifi version would be $299 as well.

Message 2 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
434 posts

Mar 24, 2011

It's reasonably priced..and low. 2nd day purchase! (I hate waiting in lines)

-------

There are those who hate me, and those who truly despise me.
Message 3 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Mar 24, 2011

I'll probably preorder it online  so I don't have to wait in lines like from a place like gamestop

but any ways, I feel that 3ds doesn't have as much anticipation as ngp. The 3ds sold 4times less then it did when the ds first launched.

Message 4 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22404 posts

Mar 24, 2011

yeah right..

lol.. NGP for $250??  the same price as the 3DS?.. really..   even with NO 3G.. i would say it's $300 at least.. for its features and the screen OLED..

the price is not even announced yet..  yet making a thread to look like it is...   that's a way to leave a bad taste in people mouth who thought that

the devices is $250 from the rantings on the net..until they officially announced it at a higher price... 

http://www.geekosystem.com/psp2-ngp-specs/

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 5 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
434 posts

Mar 24, 2011

herokid1234 wrote:

I'll probably preorder it online  so I don't have to wait in lines like from a place like gamestop

but any ways, I feel that 3ds doesn't have as much anticipation as ngp. The 3ds sold 4times less then it did when the ds first launched.

4 times less? Dang. Shows how much nintendo "knows" their market

-------

Message 6 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
989 posts

Mar 24, 2011

lines are fun! You get to see all the other people who placed gaming > family,friends,work,school and helping the needy

as for me screw wi-fi I want to showoff my NGP to anyone anywhere

I'm no troll, I just dont like you.
Message 7 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
Limit Breaker
22404 posts

Mar 24, 2011

bluecharmander wrote:

herokid1234 wrote:

4 times less? Dang. Shows how much nintendo "knows" their market

-------

i woudln't say it's the market.. but  the current economy is a factor..

we will see how NGP will do when it's finally out..

since some stated that gas will hit $5 a gallon by the summer.. etc..  at $5 a gallon for gas..  i would say NGP will be launching on DROUGHT time !!!   and if the price tag is high??..   good luck with moving a lot of systems..

What Are Internet TROLLS ?
To QUOTE- TOP RIGHT of the reply box - To MULTI-QUOTE
PSP and PS3 owner..YES...i still play the LAST GEN systems
****still waiting for The LAST GUARDIAN****
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 8 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
26 posts

Mar 24, 2011

"I'm sure many of you have heard about the ngp aka psp2 by now. Many  sites and a recent survey from ubisoft say that there is two different  models of the ngp. One that has both 3g and wifi and another with just  only wifi. From Ubisoft's survey about the ngp, it says that the 3g  version will be $350 and the wifi only version will be $250."

You obviously did not read my first post carefuly.

Message 9 of 16 (14 Views)
0 Likes