Highlighted
Oct 26 2012
By: Shahroz_zahid_ Splicer 58 posts

nfs most wanted price help!

3 replies 98 views Edited Oct 26, 2012

ok so i own a ps vita and when i was searching on amazon.com the price of the ps3 version is 59.99 and ps vita version is 39.99 why is this soo??

Message 1 of 4 (98 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Re: nfs most wanted price help!

Oct 26, 2012
Prolly cuz there wont be cross buy, definately pickin up the Vita version.
Message 2 of 4 (86 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
129 posts

Oct 26, 2012

The sad thing is, Sony or EA is not confirming if cross buy really exists...  shame on Sony!

However, I have stated with an alternate post that the PS3 version states in the purchase agreement that in includes licenses for 2 consoles and 2 portable units.

Now to answer your question…  The $59.99 list price is common for most PS3 games and $39.99 is the common list price for Vita games.   However when referring to the cross buy program, the common list price appears to be $59.99 which includes both PS3 and Vita platforms (at least this is the pricing for Playstation All-stars ~ $59.99 PS3 and Vita versus $39.99 for Vita only).  You see, it wouldn’t be fair to charge everyone $59.99 as not all Vita users have a PS3.  Therefore, $39.99 is a good price point for the Vita only version, while $59.99 is a generous price model for games which support the cross-buy program.

Marketing management should be smart enough to realize that the common consumer will not pay $100 to play NFS:MW on both the Vita and PS3 when it’s basically the same game on both systems (only minor differences between the two systems).

Now Assassins Creed 3 and Assassins Creed 3 Liberation are two different games for each platform.  Some consumers may pay $100 for both games, however I think I will choose one platform over the other.  I believe I will probably buy Liberation for the Vita as AC games get cheap really fast with the re-sale market.   I expect the Vita version to sustain its used value much longer.

Message 3 of 4 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
58 posts

Oct 26, 2012

Ok thanks! Anyone else?

Message 4 of 4 (61 Views)
0 Likes