Nov 30 2012
By: ey828 First Son 2 posts

new ps3 would not allow to retrieve old ps3 saved game data

5 replies 110 views Edited Nov 30, 2012

I had the old ps3 120gb slim which had problem with reading disc, so I copy my Gran Turismo 5 saved game data into a USB.  And I just bought the new ps3 couple days ago, when I try to retrieve my GT5 game data into the new system, it said it would not accept other user data.  Please advise anything I can do?  thank you.

Message 1 of 6 (110 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Re: new ps3 would not allow to retrieve old ps3 saved game data

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2012
Message 2 of 6 (109 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

[ Edited ]
Nov 30, 2012

Are you using the same PSN ID to copy the save to?

Some game data and saved data can only be used on the console it was originally installed on as a means of copy protection to prevent modding/hacking/cheating of the game. I believe this applies to GT5 games as well.

This is why its a good thing to have a Plus subscription. You can back ANY game save in the cloud and download it to another machine without issue.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 3 of 6 (99 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
10908 posts

Nov 30, 2012

gR3yGh051 wrote:

Are you using the same PSN ID to copy the save to?

Some game data and saved data can only be used on the console it was originally installed on as a means of copy protection to prevent modding/hacking/cheating of the game. I believe this applies to GT5 games as well.

This is why its a good thing to have a Plus subscription. You can back ANY game save in the cloud and download it to another machine without issue.

Alternatively, if you don't want to pay for a PS+ subscription, a full backup on the old PS3 and then a restore to a new PS3 will also allow you to move your saves (even copy-protected ones) from one PS3 to another.  Game saves and some game data will be restored to the new PS3, but most PSN content would need to be re-downloaded.

In cases where both PS3s are present, the Data Transfer Utility also preserves copy-protected game saves as well as ALL data.

Message 4 of 6 (91 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 30, 2012

thanks alot!!!!! once i login with my account, load the disc and everything is back into the system.  again, thank you.

Message 5 of 6 (84 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24785 posts

Nov 30, 2012

ey828 wrote:

thanks alot!!!!! once i login with my account, load the disc and everything is back into the system.  again, thank you.

I'll assume this was directed at me. Smiley Happy You're welcome. Happy Gaming.

Message 6 of 6 (82 Views)
0 Likes