Jun 25 2013
By: SultanGris1 First Son 7 posts

new ps3 screen resolution issues hdmi connection and loud vibration

2 replies 72 views Edited Jun 25, 2013
Just bought a new ps3 god of war edition and I'm not at all impressed. I have another original version ps3 with the touch buttons and disc inserts into the front and power ejects. This new one with the slide top loading disc and cheeseball physical power and eject buttons just seems cheap. I like the original one much better. Now to the problem, I have it connected via hdmi and most of the time when I put in a bluray movie it will change the resolution multiple times and sit ona screen with white static for a while before it comes back, my old one never did this. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? Also they both spin the disc so fast they vibrate and sound like someone is revving their engine outside the house. Is there anything I could put under them to eliminate this without causing it to overheat? I have one in my house on a glass entertainment stand and the other in my camper in the entertainment center. Anyone else have that problem? Is very loud and annoying. I have awesome surround sound in my house but you can still hear it during the quieter scenes. Needs bigger rubber feet or something to absorb the vibration, they must spin at 4 million rpm, lol!
Message 1 of 3 (72 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
5477 posts

Re: new ps3 screen resolution issues hdmi connection and loud vibration

Jun 25, 2013

From the thread you originally posted this in:

Grindhead_Jim wrote:

SultanGris1 wrote:
  • Just bought a new ps3 god of war edition and I'm not at all impressed. ...
  • I have it connected via hdmi and most of the time when I put in a bluray movie it will change the resolution multiple times and sit ona screen with white static for a while before it comes back, my old one never did this....
  • Needs bigger rubber feet or something to absorb the vibration...

• Most of us aren't fans of the current super slim, from what I can gather.  It's not just you. 
  • The resolution change could have as much to do with your TV as it does your system.  Check the settings on both.
  • You can get replacement/augmented rubber feet or something similar at any hardware store.

The rest I have never heard of.

Grindhead_Jim

Message 2 of 3 (52 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
7 posts

Re: new ps3 screen resolution issues hdmi connection and loud vibration

Jul 4, 2013
Changed the hdmi cable and the resolution issue seems to have stopped. Strange, that hdmi cable works fine with no issues on my 70" sharp aquos at home. Had my dish plugged into it back wheni payed for tv, now I steam or download everything or bluray.
Message 3 of 3 (36 Views)
0 Likes