Sep 08 2012
By: dougwny Lombax Warrior 149 posts

new prob with my 320gig slim ps3

4 replies 121 views Edited Sep 8, 2012

ok so i got a invite to the dust 514 beta after about an hour of downloads and updates i got to play it. about a half hour in the screen froze and i couldnt do anything. so i hit the power button and then all it did was set there and flash green. the sytem wouldn't respond. so i unpluged it from the back and yes i know its not the best thing to do but it had to be done it sat there like that for 15minutes. after i got it started again i went into safe mode and did option 3 and 4. i felt the top of the sytem and it felt hoter then it normally does. the other thing i dont get is i played gt5 for like 5 hours straight the other night and the sytem was cool as a cucumber and not a single problem. i was just wondering if anyone had this problem with the dust 514 beta and what is the blinking green lite thing about?

Message 1 of 5 (121 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Re: new prob with my 320gig slim ps3

Sep 9, 2012

ok so noone replied. i try again 2day to play the beta of dust 514 and i had the same outcome. i have no flashing lights or anything just a solid green light and no image on the tv. and the only way to shut down the sytem is to unplug it like i did yesterday. just wondering if anyone else is playing the beta for dust 514 and having the same issue. any input is welcome.

Message 2 of 5 (90 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
7106 posts

Sep 9, 2012

I didn't have any problems with the beta when I tried it.  The green light flashes while the system shuts down.  If it freezes, like it did, it will keep flashing because it still hasn't shut down.

Message 3 of 5 (82 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
149 posts

Sep 9, 2012

see this is the thing i have a solid green light no flashing at all no red flashing or green. and there is no image displayed on the screen. im kind of leaning towards the dust 514 beta is the root of the problem like i said before i have played gt5 for hours with out a once of problems and its not the only game i have played for hours on end with out a hickup. its just weird that the system shuts down or frezzes and i have a solid green ligjht. like what does it mean no image or sound just a solid green light.

Message 4 of 5 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Sep 10, 2012

try turning you TV off and then back on.

Some games tend to change the signal so slowly that the TV loses the handshake at times. Especially on games when you hear a popping noise when you start the game as it signifies its changing the handshake for the image and sound to display in a compatible resolution and audio format

Heck, even use a different HDMI cable or try using a different TV and see what happens.

Most solutions come from trying out different things.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 5 of 5 (56 Views)
0 Likes