Jul 26 2013
By: Cyfer36 Splicer 56 posts
Accepted Solution

my system dying?

3 replies 162 views Edited Jul 26, 2013
So this is kinda wierd. Ive had this ps3 basically since it came out with no problems but somewhat recently ive had random issues with it staying connected to psn. At first I just assumed it was the bad Internet in this new area I moved to. Than I realized that in order to reconnect to psn I just had to turn off the ps3 and turn it back on...not actually reset my router. Its soooo unpredictable too cause sometimes I can play for hours, uninterrupted, sometimes ill leave it on idle to take a smoke break or whatever and come back and be disconnected unable to sign back in. Has anyone ever seen/heard of something like this? Right now its just kinda annoying/frustrating depending on what u happen to be doing at the time..but im worried its the start of something worse maybe
Message 1 of 4 (162 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16918 posts

Re: my system dying?

Jul 26, 2013

Assign a static IP address to your PS3, and use Googles DNS addresses: 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4

random network disconnects do not indicate a failing system.

also, make sure to upgrade your routers firmware.

Furiously Chaosing
Message 2 of 4 (150 Views)
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 26, 2013
Ahh ok thanks alot. I had hoped it was something on the networking side of it but couldnt figure it out. Than the paranoid part started to get the better of me so figured I should ask lol
Message 3 of 4 (144 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
56 posts

Jul 31, 2013
So I thought that this had solved the problem. Didnt get to play much that night so but the next few nights it kept happening...its so random so its hard to say...its made it slightly more stable at best. Are there anymore suggestions I can use to help this problem?
Message 4 of 4 (77 Views)
0 Likes