after comparing the vita to a iphone or droid i found out sony left alot of things out if they want to compete.
1. flash or html5
2. ablity to set online status
3. recive pictures sent from ps3 or sent froma vita to a ps3
4. passcode lock (anyone can get in ur vita and buy stuff)
5. fix the web browser (make use of the analog sticks or d-pad to navigate through the site.
6.fix the layout of the keyboard (it's just a mess right now)
7. more video support (dvix,avi,ect)
8. ps3 online support (ps3 users should see that your on the vita and not appear offline)
9 fix the wifi and 3g (they turn off everytime the screen turns black)
10. also a option to use the analog sticks or d-pad to navigate in the main menu (your fingers get tired of touch touch touch)
11. tapping the status bar will make the page go up auto.
12. copy and paste text (really sony? we need this)
13. also if i chat with my friends and my vita then go on my ps3 i dont want my inbox full of the same messages i got in my vita from them.
Most of these I can agree on, but this is not comparable to a phone, for one it is not one, only thing that resembles is the UI everything else is add ons, but you need to remember this is a PS vita a predecessor to the psp not a iphone.
You can Lock your screen, and you can Share photos, videos, music, and even games between your PC, Vita, and PS3.
The Analog sticks and D-Pad use on the browser is just stupid, it would make navigation horribly.
The D-Pad on game menus is not up to Sony, it is up to the game developers, so tell them.
Learn to love your Touchscreen, or take it back.
You have a GREAT list I really agree with 1, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, & 13.
As for 4: I think a Sign-In should be placed after the 1st Screen Rip. If you DON'T sign in you play as GUEST.
Also to add, How about the option for better Custimization & Organization for Photo's & Video's you have saved.
(I.E. -> organize photo's in seperate files)