Do you mean 
Uncharted Territory
1505 posts

Re: my PSN account was stolen/email was changed

Jul 30, 2009

Keith_Loving wrote:

Renzuko wrote:

If all fails. Just make a new account.

that is bad advise, don't just let this go and make a new account, you need to call sony on this, sony will have records of everything that involved the account, they will have a database that shows the date and time the email was changed...all you will have to do is verfiy all the information to them on the phone before the information was changed and they can help you.  just that simple.

keith_loving

Why shouldn't he let it go? It's his fault he lost his account, game sharing is not allowed. It's the price you pay for stupidity. If Sony helps him out with that, then that's their call. I certainly wouldn't if I were in their shoes. Sharing with a stranger of all things too. Kids never learn.
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 44 (197 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1056 posts

Jul 30, 2009
lol well that taught you a lesson....huh?

Playstation 3 Slim 160 - GB
Playstation 3 80GB - Motorstorm Edition - 11/2007-11/2010
Xbox 360 60GB Pro - My 4th Xbox
22in Vizio Full 1080p HDTV
Dell GX520 with 160GB HDD
PSN - DA-PUSHA
GT- xxIPUSHAxx

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 44 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4357 posts

Jul 30, 2009

louiswar_07 wrote:

I need help, my main account louiswar07 was just stolen and the password was changed. I tried the forgot password thing but it says that the information is wrong, and I know it's right, so he must have also changed the sign in id. Does anyone know another way that I can get my account back? Also how can I report the user who stole my account?

Good thing I always delete my credit card info after every purchase I make because if I didn't.....my account wouldn't have been the only thing that was stolen

I have included links in my signature to the PlayStation Network User Complaint form, and to the contact page. I recommend you contact Sony consumer services immediately about the situation. I also recommend that you contact your bank immediately if you have billing information saved on your account. Be truthful about the situation, because they are going to assume you gameshared anyway. 

Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 44 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1518 posts

Jul 30, 2009

SprSynJn wrote:
Why shouldn't he let it go? It's his fault he lost his account, game sharing is not allowed. It's the price you pay for stupidity. If Sony helps him out with that, then that's their call. I certainly wouldn't if I were in their shoes. Sharing with a stranger of all things too. Kids never learn.

wow, you really have to ask that question?  Let me remid you, he is the victim here, his account was STOLEN, period and who knows if he lost more than just an account, he lost everything he bought and possibly credit card information as well.  Just that simple!  Don't let it go!

SprSynJn, you must be one of those people who says its a girl's fault if she gets pregnant...or it the girls fault that she got raped because she was just so hot and wearing that mini skirt made her get raped...your logic is flawed and you can't even see the flaw in your own logic.

We all do stupid things, look I do not condone what he was doing, but he is the victim here and the guy who stole his account must be punished, but he does need to take action and contact Sony on this ASAP.

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 44 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
3555 posts

Jul 30, 2009
Unless dude bro has access to your email account as well, the email address hasn't been changed.  Call sony and tell them you forgot your password and when you enter in your dob it says it's incorrect.  they'll reset your password for you.  Problem solved.  No need for three pages on this thread.

Sony Computer Entertainment America
M-SAT 6:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. PST
Sunday 7:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m
800-345-7669 (800-345-SONY)
How to access Safe Mode on ps3
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 44 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1505 posts

Jul 31, 2009

Keith_Loving wrote:

SprSynJn wrote:

wow, you really have to ask that question?  Let me remid you, he is the victim here, his account was STOLEN, period and who knows if he lost more than just an account, he lost everything he bought and possibly credit card information as well.  Just that simple!  Don't let it go!

SprSynJn, you must be one of those people who says its a girl's fault if she gets pregnant...or it the girls fault that she got raped because she was just so hot and wearing that mini skirt made her get raped...your logic is flawed and you can't even see the flaw in your own logic.

We all do stupid things, look I do not condone what he was doing, but he is the victim here and the guy who stole his account must be punished, but he does need to take action and contact Sony on this ASAP.

Of course I do not think my logic is flawed. I do not blame you for disagreeing, however. There is something you need to learn, tolerance. Hopefully you will learn that as you grow up. Just dismissing him as the "victim" is what makes lawsuits so easily accessible and turns people into short sighted and greedy pigs. It allows them to wash away their own mistakes and wrong doings for the "greater purpose." It is a horrible way to better oneself. Again, that is my opinion though.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 44 (197 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
4357 posts

Jul 31, 2009

Keith_Loving wrote:

SprSynJn wrote:

This is entirely his fault. His account would not be stolen if he had not engaged in a practice that is a violation of the terms of service, to which he agreed. Game sharing is basically stealing, and if you make deals with thieves, you should expect to have something stolen. Don't compare this to rape. That is just ignorant. By the way, except in the case of rape, the girl has at least half fault if she gets pregnant. 

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 44 (197 Views)
Fender Bender
4357 posts

Jul 31, 2009

joshua54 wrote:
yea i will never try to gameshare no more i took some kids account and changed everything and sony banned me for 30 days ill be back on psn on the 21 of aug 

You should be banned for life in my opinion. 

Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 44 (197 Views)
Survivor
2886 posts

Jul 31, 2009

joshua54 wrote:
yea i will never try to gameshare no more i took some kids account and changed everything and sony banned me for 30 days ill be back on psn on the 21 of aug 

Jackass.

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 44 (197 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
5 posts

Jul 31, 2009

I'm sorry, but I have no sympathy for the OP.

My friend's PS3 took a crap on him and he doesn't remember his email address. (for whatever reason.)  After hours on the phone with technical support, they will not verify his PSN account W/O the email address... regardless of all the other information he is able to verify on the account.

So forgive me if I have zero sympathy for someone that had his information stolen because he engaged in conduct that is illegal downright unethical. 

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 44 (197 Views)
0 Likes