PlayStation MVP
10239 posts

Re: memory cards prices revealed

Nov 29, 2011

Or maybe they can't find a way to implement larger size storage. There are 64GB memory pro duos, but you cannot use them in the PSP.

And seeing as downloaded games are cheaper than the retail (as was pointed out in some other thread), I don't think they are not pushing downloading.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please use plain text.
Message 21 of 46 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
8821 posts

Nov 29, 2011

I was getting a 16gb version in the first place anyway but I was thinking that I could do at a later date but since I can't I'll have to buy it at launch. reason: I plan to buy some digital but mostly physical copies of the games. I have a 8gb stick on my psp and I have 6 digital titles (mostly have low gb storage my highest gb storage is probably GTA:Liberity City Stories) some video (whose line is it anyway clips and some trailers) and a good chunk of music. It also looks like I have to buy a new usb which also sucks.  So Vita accessories that I'm looking into for the future or at launch is the 16gb card, the USB port, and the starter kit I don't know if I want that at launch but I think a later date. ugh my wallet hates me.

Please use plain text.
Message 22 of 46 (2 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Nov 29, 2011

These prices are outrageous! A 32GB SDHC card sells for around $30-35; a 400% markup is unconscionable. I am honestly shocked at how calm people are being about this on here. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you should be foaming at the mouth and spewing obscenities, but does no one really feel as strongly as I do? This seems almost criminal.

Defy convention. Defy rules. Defy math... Negative Zero.
Please use plain text.
Message 23 of 46 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Nov 29, 2011

im getting a 32g.. im serious. i might even get another one later on like the year after i get the vita ( plus a 4g with the first edition bundle!!!!)!!!

Please use plain text.
Message 24 of 46 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Fender Bender
2907 posts

Nov 29, 2011

You, sir, are lucky.

I could do the same, but I can't. :/

Metallica Pinball Sig photo LONG-LIVE-PLAY-METALLICA-PINBALL_zps397a82cb.jpg
Gameplay -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gzxc59Y6GcA
Please use plain text.
Message 25 of 46 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
69 posts

Nov 30, 2011

how could u but now u cant? that makes no scence.

Please use plain text.
Message 26 of 46 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
41 posts

Nov 30, 2011

so a memory pro duo card wont work with it?

Please use plain text.
Message 27 of 46 (2 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
1136 posts

Nov 30, 2011

NegZ wrote:

These prices are outrageous! A 32GB SDHC card sells for around $30-35; a 400% markup is unconscionable. I am honestly shocked at how calm people are being about this on here. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that you should be foaming at the mouth and spewing obscenities, but does no one really feel as strongly as I do? This seems almost criminal.

Defy convention. Defy rules. Defy math... Negative Zero.

I am mad, there is no argument with that. I am trying to justify it, however. There is more money put into the handheld than they are charging, it has to be made up somewhere. I understand that games are where that profit is suppose to be made, but being competitively priced with the 3DS in terms of games, markup might be needed elsewhere.

BTW, trying was the word to hear, that doesn't mean I am taking it likely.

An open mind is like a fortress with it's doors unguarded and unbarred
Please use plain text.
Message 28 of 46 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
758 posts

Nov 30, 2011

no

Please use plain text.
Message 29 of 46 (2 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
70 posts

Nov 30, 2011

Especially since 32GB would actually only have 29-30 GB available for actual storage.

Once the Vita is out in Japan, or perhaps early next year when released elsewhere, I would like to know if indeed the actual available memory for each card will be different. Forgive my n00bness, but why is this? Is it a quirk of card formatting, or does information need to be written on the cards prior to storage? Would the difference in purported stick size versus actual storage capacity differ based on card size?

Given the potential prices on these memory cards, I (as I am sure many other potential buyers) would like to know actual capacity information ASAP. Hopefully testing will be done soon to answer these questions.

Please use plain text.
Message 30 of 46 (2 Views)
0 Likes