Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jan 29 2013
By: xaznboitonyx Treasure Hunter 7474 posts

mastercard gift card not working for psn store.

[ Edited ]
3 replies 799 views Edited Jan 29, 2013

keeping saying vailid? is it because when i go to the site and register it , i accidently used the address where i use to live rather than new address i live at? do i need to change the address on the ps3 to match it with the visa card that's on file?

Message 1 of 4 (799 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
30406 posts

Re: mastercard gift card not working for psn store.

Jan 29, 2013

xaznboitonyx wrote:

keeping saying vailid? is it because when i go to the site and register it , i accidently used the address where i use to live rather than new address i live at? do i need to change the address on the ps3 to match it with the visa card that's on file?

I do know that the address on the PS3 must match exaclty that of your billing statement.

Message 2 of 4 (787 Views)
0 Likes
Sackboy
409 posts

Jan 29, 2013

i posted this a month ago...

Visa giftcard ?'s - ( ‎12-03-2012 02:11 PM )                     

sony doesn't allow you to use gift cards... you might be able to put it in your paypal any enter it that way

/)/)
(-,-)
*(")(")
Message 3 of 4 (782 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
81 posts

Jan 29, 2013

I believe you can use them if they are the ones you register to an address. HOWEVER, the billing address you give Sony must be EXACTLY the same for both the card, and what you enter for the billing address for the card. Plus it must have atleast $5 on it. I would verify that the addresses match and try again. Worst case scenario, use the gift card to buy a PSN card, problem solved.

The Better Fanboy Check Test -- Create and Take a Fun Test @ NerdTests.com's User Tests!
Message 4 of 4 (767 Views)