Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Jun 09 2013
By: simmo_0968 First Son 1 posts

master account assigned to wrong user

1 replies 105 views Edited Jun 9, 2013
Connected to psn for first time today and my 10 yr old wants to access it. Created a standard account as the master account. Then realised we were signed in on his user login so all the master details are on his profile. Can I swap this to my user profile or will I have to deactivate it and create completely new accounts for he and I?
Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 2 (105 Views)
0 Likes
PlayStation MVP
3293 posts

Re: master account assigned to wrong user

[ Edited ]
Jun 9, 2013

simmo_0968 wrote:
Connected to psn for first time today and my 10 yr old wants to access it. Created a standard account as the master account. Then realised we were signed in on his user login so all the master details are on his profile. Can I swap this to my user profile or will I have to deactivate it and create completely new accounts for he and I?

Welcome to the forums!

When you made a standard account did you put in your birthdate and credentials to have that stanard account?

Did you make an account for your 10 year old with their real birthdate, in other words, a child will automatically become a subaccount when you use your true birthdate signing up. When you sign up a child, you'll have to complete more details on the computer. You'd get an email in your email account that is associated with the master account you want to add the subaccount to, with directions on how to complete the account.

Subaccounts have to be under a Master Account.

It's not clear what you did, so it would seem you might have done something different from above?

If you and your child both have "master" accounts then you'd be able to add credit cards to each to fund the PSN wallet to buy online content.

You don't have to buy online, but if you want to there are other ways to get money into your wallet.

A subaccount can be given access to a master account's PSN wallet. Once you have Master/Subaccounts set up you can manage online, chat, and wallet, on the PS3 or on the computer, or via a PS Vita.

A Master Account is a single account which does not have any parental controls attached to it.

Sony has an online store and account management  You can sign in there if you need to manage credentials. (You can't change the birthdate information you entered to create the account,)

So the bottom line is if you made an account with your birthdate, it would be the master account. You would have attached a PSN ID to it.

On your sons you would have attached a PSN ID to his. 

Is it the PSN ID you swapped? If that is the case, then start over with new ones. You'll have to use totally different email addresses when signing up again. (Sony doesn't delete accounts but you can clear one of any credit card info)

If you have a preferred email address associate to the PSN ID you don't want to use, get another email address, change the email associated with that PSN ID. Then your preferred email address is available to use with a new PSN ID.

Hope this helps, if you have more questions, just ask!

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 2 (89 Views)
0 Likes