Jan 24 2012
By: DOMination42 First Son 2 posts

many problems with my ps3 please help

2 replies 7 views Edited Jan 24, 2012

So this started when i tried to update to the 4.0 update.  My ps3 stopped downloading at 99% and just hung there for about an hour so i held the power button to turn it off and tried again but still nothing.  I tried booting to safe mode which did not work for some reason.  Eventually it just decided to finish the update however then it gave me lots of corrupted hard disk or hard disk cannot be found errors with a message saying it would resolve the issue with possible loss of data,  ( i dont care much about the data as i never played it too much but now i actually want to and i cant.)  this did not fix the issue and i called it a night and went to bed.  next time i turned it on it worked fine and i played for a while and it saved and everything fine and i could go on the psn store and everything. next time i turned it on i got the errors again and i tried safe mode which worked this time. I tried all of the options with no luck until i did option 5. the restore ps3 system one.  after this it reset to factory default and it was working alright so i set it up again, and put my account back on.  However now i noticed my account has no friends or trophies anymore.  Also i just tried playing it again and now it freezes at the startup wavy screen thing.  sorry if this is long or in the wrong place but i really would like some help.  i have the slim ps3 by the way if that matters.  Thanks in advance.  

Message 1 of 3 (7 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
24784 posts

Re: many problems with my ps3 please help

Jan 24, 2012

It sounds like your hard drive is dying. As far as your trophies and friends list if you're using the same account they'll bet there. Your friends won't show up until you sign in though.

Message 2 of 3 (7 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Re: many problems with my ps3 please help

Jan 24, 2012

well the hard drive part is probably right but im almost positive i signed it with the right account (used my usual email) and i was online and everything but still no friends list or trophies

Message 3 of 3 (7 Views)
0 Likes