does someone have any suggestings thank you

Message 1 of 7 (3,055 Views)
0 Likes
MVP Support
5232 posts

Re: looking for good online co-op rpg game

Aug 9, 2012

http://www.co-optimus.com/

White Knight Chronicles has an online mode but I haven't played the game yet.  Dark/Demon's Souls also do but you can't easily choose your coop partner.  Lord of the Rings is an ok game.  DCUO is sort of an action RPG and is free.  I can't think of any others I've played/own.

Message 2 of 7 (3,045 Views)
Hekseville Citizen
301 posts

Aug 9, 2012
Borderlands is a good game!! And is up to 4 players online!
Message 3 of 7 (3,041 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
142 posts

Aug 9, 2012

was thinking of dark souls but demons souls was super hard to play and i wanted it to be a little easier to join my friends and play with them

Message 4 of 7 (3,038 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
1 posts

Feb 5, 2013

I enjoy playing Couch COOP with my family.  I'm the father of 6 and the best gamer in the house despite what my 20 year old son believes.  I search for good COOP games because no one likes to play me head to head.  Additionally, as the father of 6, I need to be able to drop the controller and tend to issues.  

The PSN store deos a TERRIBLE job of accurately listing the players and generally doesn't describe the type of multiplayer play.  

As an example search for PS3 2 player RPGs and only Borderlands II comes up.  Borderlands does not.  Open up the game page for Borderlands and players 1-2 the description says split screen COOP.

Additional filter suggestion:  make it 3 state: include, neutral and exclude.  When I deselect sports, nothing is removed because all of them are also considered strategy or simulation.  

Sorry for the rantish nature, but I love the PS and I want to see the store improve.

Message 5 of 7 (2,952 Views)
Lombax Warrior
104 posts

[ Edited ]
Feb 5, 2013

Dead Island

Borderlands 1 and 2

Resident Evil 5 and 6

Dark Souls and Demon's Souls MAYBE, depends if your up to the challenge ^-^  their's a huge learning curve

Little Big Planet ( 1 and 2)

Portal 2

Dead Space 3 (Just Released)

Far Cry 3

.....I may have left some other co-op games out but the games I listed are all games I had alot of fun and enjoyment out of 'co-op' wise ^_^

Message 6 of 7 (2,933 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
13 posts

Feb 6, 2013

These are the games I have extensively played:

Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom - easy hack and slash...online and couch co-op...no trophies

Borderlands - shooter/rpg...very fun...up to 4 online and 2 split-screen

Borderlands 2 - same as first

Demon's Souls - limited online co-op, no couch co-op, challenging gameplay

Dark Souls - Nearly identical to Demon's Souls

Eternal Sonata - JRPG, I think only co-op during battles...no trophies

Dungeon Hunter: Alliance - PSN game, hack and slash

Unfortunately, there are not many quality RPGs for PS3.  There are even fewer that have co-op during the regular campaign (not just a co-op mode like mass effect).  I know White Knight Chronicles has some kind of co-op play, but I have yet to delve into it fully.

Message 7 of 7 (2,923 Views)
0 Likes