Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Treasure Hunter
5070 posts

Re: lack of ps move exclusive games on ps+

Aug 16, 2012

sstfamily wrote:

Not true the move has not done well, compared to Kinetic and Wii, first it was motion controls then it was 3D I don't see much support for either anymore. Don't believe at all that it is a tighter system Id like to see that info too.

you guys are missing the point-- because it didnt sell well does not mean its a broke product-- the fact is its a 1;1 aspect ratio. meaning you point and it immediatly realizes where you are pointing at

Message 11 of 24 (86 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Aug 16, 2012

How does move have a aspect ratio that is a height width measurement for viewing angle of a display. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio_(image). No one said it was broken it was said that it wasnt getting support from developers which are not going to support it without sales.  I for one used it twice hated it didnt track well FOR ME and do not want move titles as my free games. Most likely wouldnt work with that much dust on it anyways.

Message 12 of 24 (80 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5070 posts

[ Edited ]
Aug 16, 2012

strangerman77 wrote:

How does move have a aspect ratio that is a height width measurement for viewing angle of a display. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio_(image). No one said it was broken it was said that it wasnt getting support from developers which are not going to support it without sales.  I for one used it twice hated it didnt track well FOR ME and do not want move titles as my free games. Most likely wouldnt work with that much dust on it anyways.

first-- here is the comment i originally replied to ". I haven't seen very many products that were made better by seeing Motion controls and most Hardcore gamers want tighter control systems not causal gaming hooks."

see he said about tighter controls-- not about support

to which i answered "and to be honest the move is a tighter controler in FPS like killzone 3- resident evil 5" 

to which you replied "Oh my are you using the same glow stick as the rest of us, no way in _ell its tighter." 

so now you say " No one said it was broken it was said that it wasnt getting support from developers which are not going to support it without sales" ummm when did you guys say that??ill agree with that=== but some games did-- ie kz3 and RE5--- which is all i said

but maybe my wording of aspect ratio was wrong-- i dont know why i thought that-- i knew it was 1;1 meaning it precisely matches the movements- figured it was aspect dimesnions of how you move it

EDIT-im not trying to argue; just  makes me a lil mad when people say the controller sucks-- which its not-- its the support ; which i think we came to agree on

Message 13 of 24 (75 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Aug 16, 2012

No one said it was broke it was said that they wanted to see you Info showing it was tighter. 2 you are missing the point  it don't have to be broke if it don't sell well developers will not spend time on making games for it. I think 90 percent of the games that have been made for it were made by Sony. It hasn't sold well because its not that great if it was it would be a must have and we wouldn't even be talking about it. But you can't say it is tighter without havening numbers to back it up, maybe said game was tailored to that control system. I myself have not played a game with it and felt I was getting better control. And the move system just by itself can have problem for people due to the lights they have, shadows and space. Don't believe your lighting can cause a problem with a standard controller also don't think moving my whole arm is faster then moving my finger a millimeter. My guess that something like killzone useing move has a more cranked up auto aim then other games this would be tailoring your combat system to work better with it. The most accurate controller would be a mouse if we really want to start getting into this.

Message 14 of 24 (73 Views)
Treasure Hunter
5070 posts

Aug 16, 2012

yeah i agree with the mouse- and at first when kz3 came out i never used the move-- kinda thought like you did- that it would be harder to use the move. then after continully getting my **bleep** handed to me online and then talking to these people- and realizeing they were on the move-- i gave it a try. and liked it

and what info do you expect to see backing me saying i think them 2 games play better on the move? can you back up with numbers that they dont? its all a matter of oppinon

Message 15 of 24 (69 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Aug 16, 2012

First-- here is the comment I originally replied to ". I haven't seen very many products that were made better by seeing Motion controls and most Hardcore gamers want tighter control systems not causal gaming hooks.

I don't see were that say's anything about it being broken says they didn't feel it was better , which is a opinion just like you saying it was tighter without havening numbers to prove that opinion. 

Message 16 of 24 (68 Views)
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Aug 16, 2012

In March 2012 Fergal Gara of Sony UK spoke to Official PlayStation Magazine UK to acknowledge that, despite its high critical acclaim, the device had not lived up to their expectations, in either their target audience or the software support that had been provided for it.[89]
from Wikipedia

Was in response to you saying you doubt its on its way out. What makes you think they will keep pushing it if its not meeting their expectations. Have you seen Sony profit/losses for the last year its just a fact they are going to have to start cutting some fat. A product that don't meet expectations has a good chance of making that list of cuts. Im glad you enjoy it that's all that matters. I for one don't like it and don't want to use it and don't want my free games to be move titles. I also think the reason they are giving away all these games is them trying to get more user's in a system that is a little down in sales, so I think they should focus on the user's with the largest  install base which is with a standard controller (comes in every box). Even the Wii U is taking a lot of emphasis off of motion controls and trying some different things because the motion control scheme was given birth, in a hope to pull in Causal gamers and now they noticed they need the hardcore crowd because casual games don't buy many games. But i hope you keep enjoying Move and hope you get more games to use it with. Keep icing that arm so you don't develope tennis elbow with that gun deal they make for it because it is way to heavy for my likening.

Message 17 of 24 (59 Views)
Monster Hunter
31 posts

Aug 16, 2012

Lol profit loss is a understatement its around a $5.6-billion dollar loss i think. I won,t be shocked to see some stuff like move get cut and a bunch of in house developers get the axe. I wonder what kind of increase the new Plus system has got them in terms of sales of new systems. Bet its not as much as they are wanting from it. But being a company in Japan after that earthquake cannot be easy and the economy on top of it. Sony could end up in a lot of trouble real fast and If I was them I would be pushing stuff that had high sales numbers and cutting what don't. I hope they pull out of it because it is the best system I mean it does everything hehe. But how long can you survive that kind of loss most companies couldn't do it 1 time let alone multiple years.

Message 18 of 24 (56 Views)
Lombax Warrior
194 posts

Aug 16, 2012

Yeah I know Sony has put a lot of the blame on Tv and gaming products not sure what gaming products they mean. But the Move and Psp have to make up a good chunk of this. I don't know how well the Vita is doing but people are not spending that kind of money right now and Its going to get worse before it gets better. LA Times had a write up a few months ago http://articles.latimes.com/2012/may/10/business/la-fi-ct-sony-earns-20120510 they seem to think it will turn around but the economy is not improving and people wont buy Enjoyment items until it does.

Message 19 of 24 (53 Views)
First Son
2 posts

Aug 16, 2012

With that kind loss it don't matter they need to turn it around fast or be out of business the next time they have that kind of loss. I can't believe they could survive it once really don't think you could do it twice and survive. They have to have some very mad share holders after that kind of loss. I would also think that Move being a flop has added a lot to this how much did they spend on development of it alone there is no way they made that back. If the new plus idea is what they are hoping will turn it around they better get a better system in place. Giving different customers based on location different products for free just makes people mad, just give them all the same and don't tell me Eu is different then US it all goes back to Japan.

Message 20 of 24 (51 Views)