Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Dec 29 2012
By: maiorano6 First Son 2 posts

just bought 2 vitas for my kids and purchased playstation plus ,

19 replies 286 views Edited Dec 29, 2012

i was told there were lots of free games , we are finding that it is taking 11 hour to down load somethings we have wifi , and i dont see all the free games , it says batman was free and they are trying to charge us , am i doing something wrong , we also have playstation 3 , i know i am getting old but please help my kids are getting crazy, thanks

Please use plain text.
Message 1 of 20 (286 Views)
0 Likes
I Only Post Everything
990 posts

Re: just bought 2 vitas for my kids and purchased playstation plus ,

Dec 29, 2012

Are you in Europe or North America because Batman isnt free in North America nor is it for the Vita(its for ps3)? The content differs by continent, anyway you first need to log in with the account you have PSplus on both vitas. Then head to the PSstore & look for PSplus there. There are i believe 6 free games for the vita & 12 for the PS3. 

Please use plain text.
Message 2 of 20 (278 Views)
0 Likes
PIayStation MVP
12905 posts

Dec 30, 2012
I suggest you log into the PS Store with your PS3 and go the the PS+ section. There you will see all the free offerings you can download for your PS3 & Vita. You can even download Vita games on your PS3 and then transfer them to the Vita. This will probably be faster than trying to download them directly to your Vita over wifi...
Please use plain text.
Message 3 of 20 (255 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Dec 30, 2012
Games for Plus are available on a temporary basis. We have 1-2 games removed and replaced every single week. We have 6 games for Vita and 12 games for PS3 at all times (almost). If you want a game that's available you must download it or at least add it to your cart and check out before it is removed and replaced.

Batman was never available to the U.S. and is a PS3 title, it isn't for the Vita. Understanding the service is simple, read the FAQ on it throughout the board or the main Playstation Plus page on the Playstation website.
Please use plain text.
Message 4 of 20 (249 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
43 posts

Dec 30, 2012

If you are in US you have the following games free with the PS Plus Subscription

Vita:

1) Retro City Rampage

2)Uncharted Golden Abyss

3)Gravity Rush

4)Wipeout 2048

5)Jet Set Radio Vita

6)Final Fantasy Tactics

PS3

1) Anomaly

2) Bioshock 2

3) Infamous 2

4) Little Big Planet 2

5) Super Street Fighter 4

6) Ratchet and Clank All 4 one

7) Dungeon defenders

8) Quantum Conundrum

9) Payday The Heist

10) Double Dragon Neon

11) Scott Pilgram

12) King of Fighters 13

All you gotta do is go to the ps store and look for Ps plus in the PS3 and the vita. Some take time to download so stay patient.

Please use plain text.
Message 5 of 20 (244 Views)
0 Likes
First Son
2 posts

Dec 30, 2012

thanks for your reply My husband posted the original question in this thread and I want to clarify- We bought 2 vitas for our kids and also have a ps3. We bought the ps plus membership yesterday and the download times for games to the vita is fairly quick- however downloading to the ps3 is taking forever! Is that normal? We have been downloading Infamous 2 for like 5 hours now :manfrustrated:   

We are in the US- and we were under the impression that there were hundreds of free titles to be played with the plus membership on both the vita and ps3 (thanks to a gamestop clerk) which is why we bought it.  I apologize for our ignorance beforehand, and  thank you for taking the time to read our post. My kids are pretty young and do not have the ability to figure out this stuff on theor own yet.

Please use plain text.
Message 6 of 20 (242 Views)
Uncharted Territory
1283 posts

Dec 30, 2012
In order to get faster PS3 downloads you must have your PS3 hooked up through a wired connection. If you already have a wired connection and the speeds are slow you can increase your speeds by restoring File System and Database.
Please use plain text.
Message 7 of 20 (234 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29028 posts

Dec 30, 2012

maiorano6 wrote:

thanks for your reply My husband posted the original question in this thread and I want to clarify- We bought 2 vitas for our kids and also have a ps3. We bought the ps plus membership yesterday and the download times for games to the vita is fairly quick- however downloading to the ps3 is taking forever! Is that normal? We have been downloading Infamous 2 for like 5 hours now :manfrustrated:   

We are in the US- and we were under the impression that there were hundreds of free titles to be played with the plus membership on both the vita and ps3 (thanks to a gamestop clerk) which is why we bought it.  I apologize for our ignorance beforehand, and  thank you for taking the time to read our post. My kids are pretty young and do not have the ability to figure out this stuff on theor own yet.

Welcome to the PlayStation Community maiorano6.

Some people have experienced some slow downloads lately, but near in mind that many thousands of people received PS3's & PS Vita's for Christmas & that mean that there are a large amount of people updating & downloading their units, be patient, it should improve soon.

The "infamous" Gamestop clerk strikes again huh! While there are a good number of games to choose from there are not hundreds, since PlayStation Plus's inception yes many hundreds of games have been given away for free or at a discount, but at any one time there are only a certain number available for download, the games change on a regular basis & the PlayStation Store updates every Tuesday evening between 5pm & 10pm, also keep an eye on the PlayStation Blog (LINK BELOW), there is a dedicated post made every week that showcases the upcoming games.

No need to apologize, & welcome again, if we can help you further please don't hesitate to come back to us.

Good luck.

BRIT-KO.

Here's that link to the Blog: http://blog.us.playstation.com/

Please use plain text.
Message 8 of 20 (231 Views)
Splicer
43 posts

Dec 30, 2012

Yes its normal specially Infamous,Street Fighter and Racket should take a few hours to download cause each has more that 13 gb to download all the others should download faster.....If I am not mistaken SF 4 has 18gb so I was almost 2 days downloading.

The Gamestop dude lied if he told you that there is 100's of available games but with the PS Plus subscription each week Playstation bring 1 or 2 new games so eventually you will have a lot..Every tuesday playstation updates there games and adds more so every week you can come to this forum and you will know which games are coming free.....

(A trick you can do if you do not know when you download specially in the ps3 it gives you the option to download in the background if you press yes you will have it shown on the Playstation home and you can pause the download and continue another day)

Please use plain text.
Message 9 of 20 (229 Views)
0 Likes
VP of Gaming
29028 posts

[ Edited ]
Dec 30, 2012

FidelityNy wrote:
In order to get faster PS3 downloads you must have your PS3 hooked up through a wired connection. If you already have a wired connection and the speeds are slow you can increase your speeds by restoring File System and Database.

Sorry Fidelity but I disagree with this, a good wireless network will work perfectly fine for downloading & playing games, mine works great, there is no reason to suspect that the Op's doesn't.

I disagree about the rebuilding the database too, at least here & now, I think this is muddying the waters for the person asking the question.

Please use plain text.
Message 10 of 20 (228 Views)
0 Likes