Lombax Warrior
211 posts

Re: is the protective screen-film recommended?

Feb 16, 2012

ok thanks i think i'll get it

Message 11 of 22 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
1846 posts

Feb 16, 2012

Well, since my fiancee' is buying the Vita for me for a belated christmas gift, she absolutely INSISTS that I MUST get a screen protector, so. . . any man here with a girlfriend/fiancee'/wife will understand that what the woman wants, the woman gets.

There's no saying no to her. After all, she's awesome enough to buy this amazing device for me.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD
Message 12 of 22 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Feb 16, 2012

InTheZone wrote:

you should've deleted every sentence before point #1 and everything after it

a screen protector that lasts 3-4 months is still a good time. I've had a screen protector on my psp 2000 that lasted 2 years of slight use and still looked new.

Everything with a portable screen I own has a screen protector. I work in a dusty environment with my phone in my pocket and the screen protector on that stays in good condition longer than my leather wallet.

Screen protectors do a good job, buy one and don't regret not buying one. One mishap and that pretty screen is plagued by whatever scratch happens.

InTheZone Trophy Card

you're entitled to your opinion but my 5 points are valid and realistic.

Message 13 of 22 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12211 posts

Feb 16, 2012

xElfenLied_US wrote:

Imagine you're sat on a bus, or train, and you're playing on your PS Vita. Next thing you know, you go over a bump and BAM your PS Vita drops out of your hand.

"I wish I bought that screen protector in the end..."

OR

"Good job I have a screen protector!"

Take your pick.

or "Oh s*** no...", and as you pick it up just waiting to see the damage to the psv itself you feel much better that at least the screen wasn't messed up...

Message 14 of 22 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Feb 16, 2012

Shadelon wrote:

what the woman wants, the woman gets.

Get your Portable ID!
Motorstorm 80GB Bundle w/ 320GB HDD

D*mn right we do

I also just thought of an idea, I was gonna buy a strap so i could keep it strapped to my wrist, and then I remembered to just use one off the Wii controller

Message 15 of 22 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Feb 16, 2012

xElfenLied_US wrote:

Imagine you're sat on a bus, or train, and you're playing on your PS Vita. Next thing you know, you go over a bump and BAM your PS Vita drops out of your hand.

OR

Take your pick.

Wouldn't the screen be cracked if the impact is big enough? Screen protectors are not shock absorbant.

Message 16 of 22 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Feb 16, 2012

InTheZone wrote:

xElfenLied_US wrote:

OR

Take your pick.

or "Oh s*** no...", and as you pick it up just waiting to see the damage to the psv itself you feel much better that at least the screen wasn't messed up...

InTheZone Trophy Card

If you're sat down and it just drops to your feet, the worst that's gonna happen is just a chip or scratches. I doubt it would smash or that anything would fall off.

Message 17 of 22 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Uncharted Territory
2090 posts

Feb 16, 2012

xElfenLied_US wrote:

InTheZone wrote:

xElfenLied_US wrote:

OR

Take your pick.

InTheZone Trophy Card

If you're sat down and it just drops to your feet, the worst that's gonna happen is just a chip or scratches. I doubt it would smash or that anything would fall off.

if you watched the smash doctor takes a sledge hammer to the ps vita it takes 4 or so hits before it even brakes. even then it is still held together fairly well.

http://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2012/07/21/option-to-buy-avatars-on-my-playstation-vita/
Message 18 of 22 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Feb 16, 2012

Incagneto wrote:

xElfenLied_US wrote:

InTheZone wrote:

xElfenLied_US wrote:

OR

Take your pick.

InTheZone Trophy Card

if you watched the smash doctor takes a sledge hammer to the ps vita it takes 4 or so hits before it even brakes. even then it is still held together fairly well.

Yeah I've seen it That's why I know it would take quite a bit of impact to actually do any bad damage to it

Message 19 of 22 (18 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12211 posts

Feb 16, 2012

yes realistic, but irrelevant. A screen protector barey hinders the picture, but provides piece of mind your elegant handheld will at least have a clear screen for as long as you own it.

Message 20 of 22 (18 Views)
0 Likes