Feb 16 2012
By: unliving-12 Lombax Warrior 211 posts

is the protective screen-film recommended?

21 replies 23 views Edited Feb 16, 2012

who all got the protective film? they were selling them right in the PS Vita section at my store, 10 bucks for 2, it was Sony too

did most people get it? are some people not gonna even use it?

how prone to scratches can this thing get? is it possible that it "doesn't scratch" from "normal use"? nothing drastic but just regular usage

let me know, i'm wondering if i should get it or not, cause i do like the idea of it being just the screen of the Vita, but if i get convinced otherwise i'll get the protective thing np

thanks!

Message 1 of 22 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Re: is the protective screen-film recommended?

Feb 16, 2012

If you are smart you would get one, I own alot of touchscreen devices and I hate when my screens get scratched. Even the tiniest scratch annoys me alot.

Photobucket
Message 2 of 22 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
922 posts

Feb 16, 2012

I have a screen protector that came with the starter pack, but I'm not going to use it. As long as you keep your fingernails cut short and aren't clumsy with your devices you shouldn't need a screen protector.

Message 3 of 22 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 16, 2012

True they can get dirty, but all you need is mocrofibre and some spray that you use for TV's and it's all good. And also I believe you can get the Hori brand that actually has a matte finish and helps get rid of the glare when you play outside

Photobucket
Message 4 of 22 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Lombax Warrior
96 posts

Feb 16, 2012

Those things are useless.

1. they get dirty real fast. 3-4 months and you'll throw it away.

2. it makes the screen look worse in most cases.

3. if you buy a case, there's no point. (you should buy a case if you dont have one)

4. you're not going to put a Vita in your jeans pockets with your coins and keys (less hazards)

5. it can't scratch from normal use unless you have the nails of a monster.

Message 5 of 22 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Splicer
54 posts

Feb 16, 2012

yes they apply super easy and every reason given as to why not is an opinion now ill give you a fact a screen protector helps protect from scratches!

Message 6 of 22 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
12211 posts

Feb 16, 2012

you should've deleted every sentence before and after point #1

a screen protector that lasts 3-4 months is still a good time. I've had a screen protector on my psp 2000 that lasted 2 years of slight use and still looked new.

Everything with a portable screen I own has a screen protector. I work in a dusty environment with my phone in my pocket and the screen protector on that stays in good condition longer than my leather wallet.

Screen protectors do a good job, buy one and don't regret not buying one. One mishap and that pretty screen is plagued by whatever scratch happens.

Message 7 of 22 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
415 posts

Feb 16, 2012

I remember pulling off my screen protector from my phone and it had a nasty scratch on it and I thought I was screwed. I peeled it off and my screen was 100% perfect.

Photobucket
Message 8 of 22 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Monster Hunter
34 posts

Feb 16, 2012

Using a screen protector on your PS Vita is a MUST, but that's up to you. Owners of Nintendo's DS/DSi/3DS line of handhelds can relate because of prolonged use of said devices without the aid of screen protectors can lead up to scratchs, fingerprints, etc., will frustrate you later on.

In short, it's better to be safe than sorry.

Message 9 of 22 (23 Views)
0 Likes
Wastelander
673 posts

Feb 16, 2012

Imagine you're sat on a bus, or train, and you're playing on your PS Vita. Next thing you know, you go over a bump and BAM your PS Vita drops out of your hand.

"I wish I bought that screen protector in the end..."

OR

"Good job I have a screen protector!"

Take your pick.

Message 10 of 22 (23 Views)
0 Likes