Jun 10 2013
By: AwesomeShockWave Hekseville Citizen 258 posts

is the cave, and other ps plus games just demo or full game?

7 replies 521 views Edited Jun 10, 2013

I just join ps plus and download the cave and some other games. Some are full games, but some like the cave, it say demo next to it. Are they just demo or full games, cause i download them on the ps plus free game selection. I hate demos, so they just demos. im gonna deleted them, dont want demos taking up room on my HDD.

Message 1 of 8 (521 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Re: is the cave, and other ps plus games just demo or full game?

Jun 10, 2013

It is the full game. The ps+ download should contain 2 download. The first being the Demo with the second being the unlock code to access the full game.

Message 2 of 8 (515 Views)
0 Likes
Treasure Hunter
4501 posts

Jun 10, 2013

You're getting the demo and a unlock key. The key is the valid Plus membership. Once your Plus membership expires it'll just return to a demo/can't play the full game anymore.

YB

Message 3 of 8 (512 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
258 posts

Jun 10, 2013

ATTICMAN wrote:

It is the full game. The ps+ download should contain 2 download. The first being the Demo with the second being the unlock code to access the full game.

i download it, but says demo on it, so i deleted it. If its full game, ill go back and re download it. There were a few other games that says demo on it too, dont remember which one. So they all full games under the ps plus free game selection?

Message 4 of 8 (509 Views)
0 Likes
Hekseville Citizen
343 posts

Jun 10, 2013

Yes if it is under the free games section, it does not matter if it says demo. It will download the full game. You will have access to the full game until your ps+ membership runs out.

Message 5 of 8 (495 Views)
0 Likes
Big Daddy
16939 posts

Jun 10, 2013

AwesomeShockWave wrote:

ATTICMAN wrote:

i download it, but says demo on it, so i deleted it. If its full game, ill go back and re download it. There were a few other games that says demo on it too, dont remember which one. So they all full games under the ps plus free game selection?

You need to download the "Full Game Unlock"

Furiously Chaosing
Message 6 of 8 (485 Views)
0 Likes
Last Guardian
11727 posts

Jun 10, 2013

When you're downloading any game under the "free" games section, you'll also receive a game unlock access key to download. This in turn will transform the demo, which itself is already the full game, into a full free game. The only reason that it's called a demo is that for obvious reasons the game companies want you to download and try the demo out for free before you buy it. If this file were turned into the full game before you download it, then everyone, even non-Plus members would be able to play it without paying.

Once the demo file is fully downloaded, the file will morph into a full version of the game, so long as you've downloaded and installed that access code to unlock the game.

Message 7 of 8 (479 Views)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Lombax Warrior
120 posts

Jun 10, 2013
Most PSN only games have you download the demo and an unlock key as two separate downloads.

PSN Gamercards

Feel free to add me as a friend. Just put "playstation forums" in the friend request.
Message 8 of 8 (462 Views)
0 Likes